• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African grey plucking his feathers

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I have had my Grey Tyrion for almost 11 yrs and he has never plucked "knock on wood" but diet plays a huge role in plucking and being given the time to settle in need to be given. My guy hates spray baths showers he prefers to bath in his water dish . Even though he hardly gets wet he sure loves doing it . My cage is 3 ft x 4 ft x 5 ft and is really just big enough for him . He is located in the living room which he loves. And tons of toys and card board for tearing apart .Keeping them busy is very important .

Ariba

Moving in
Real Name
Ariba
No one has mentioned diet. Do you know what he was being fed before he came to you? What are you feeding him now. This could be part of the issue.
As far as ik he was being fed sunflower seeds alot
So i kept most of his diet as sunflower seeds and other mixed seeds because he did not like anything else and would just toss it out of his bowl but i started introducing fruits and vegetables so now he eats fruits in the morning and during the day i give him steamed vegetables but he always has access to sunflower seeds incase he does not like anything