• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African grey help

Emad21

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Emad
me and my mother are about to lose our home and we can’t keep the parrot he won’t survive and we can’t take him to a shelter I want to know if anyone in chambersburg would be interested in adopting him I don’t want him going to a shelter and I know how many great bird parents there are on here please if anyone is willing to help get back to me I love the little guy and he’s the only thing my mother has left of her late husband

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I'm so sorry. We do have any great food here. I pray home is found

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Best of luck finding a home for him ..so sorry you are having to rehome :hug8:

IQ's Human

Strolling the yard
Real Name
CJ
Is that Chambersburg, PA? I might be able to take him if rehoming him out of state is an option for you.

How old is he? He's just adorable.

I recently lost my 40 year old Congo Grey, who was wild caught and abused when he came to me in 1985. I can provide references from my avian vet, and others if you need them.

Lee C

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lee
Is that Chambersburg, PA? I might be able to take him if rehoming him out of state is an option for you.

How old is he? He's just adorable.

I recently lost my 40 year old Congo Grey, who was wild caught and abused when he came to me in 1985. I can provide references from my avian vet, and others if you need them.
I'm sorry to hear about your CAG. Did you ever hear from the OP? (I am in PA. Small world) Did you get another CAG? I lost a Sun Conure (heart disease) after having him a year. I can't imagine losing a companion parrot after so many years.

IQ's Human

Strolling the yard
Real Name
CJ
I'm sorry to hear about your CAG. Did you ever hear from the OP? (I am in PA. Small world) Did you get another CAG? I lost a Sun Conure (heart disease) after having him a year. I can't imagine losing a companion parrot after so many years.
Hi Lee,
Thanks so much for the kind words...they are appreciated greatly.
38 years is a life time, but still one that ended far too soon. I'm so very sorry to see that you lost your Sun Conure after such a short time, I hope you have since found a new feathered face to love. I am in the process of looking for a new grey face to love. I have been trying the rescue communities, and while fully vetted for adoption by one group I was sent home empty handed; for reason I won't mention here. Am hopeful that it won't be too much longer before that just perfect Grey spirit finds its way into my home and my heart. :hug8:

Lee C

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lee
Hi Lee,
Thanks so much for the kind words...they are appreciated greatly.
38 years is a life time, but still one that ended far too soon. I'm so very sorry to see that you lost your Sun Conure after such a short time, I hope you have since found a new feathered face to love. I am in the process of looking for a new grey face to love. I have been trying the rescue communities, and while fully vetted for adoption by one group I was sent home empty handed; for reason I won't mention here. Am hopeful that it won't be too much longer before that just perfect Grey spirit finds its way into my home and my heart. :hug8:
Peaches, the Sun Conure, taught me a lot! (He was completely blind and nobody picked up on it except me; because he was so high functioning.) I had gotten him from my local parrot rescue. On my next visit to the rescue, after Peaches passed, there was a Peach-fronted Conure, with an Elizabethan collar, because he was plucking and self mutilating. A couple volunteers had tried to help him, without success. I brought him (Milton) home, took him to my avian vet, worked with an avian behaviorist, got him some Conure pals, (same-genus, as his species is seemingly uncommon--actually, his Brown-throated buddies are fairly uncommon, too). Milton is living a pretty good life here for just over three years now. He and his pals have my Florida room as an aviary.

I wish you the best of luck getting your next psittacine companion. My first parrot, Grady, is a TAG. He is such a character. I've had him 4 1/2 years. He is said to be about 22 years old (but it's hard to know as he was rehomed many times). I cannot image a day in my life without Grady.

Attachments