• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Adding to the Linnie Flock

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
I have two female chicks from my first clutch with a 2 year old male and they want nothing to do with him, but there isn't any squabbling. I plan on finding another male so everyone can have a friend.
I wonder if females are different? @TikiLola , how do you think your girls would have treated a third linnie?

thekarens

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
In my case the girls were only 8 weeks when I put them in with Sam, who is 2.

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
I wonder if females are different? @TikiLola , how do you think your girls would have treated a third linnie?
My girls were extremely bonded to each other. As adults I don't think they would have wanted another linnie around, male or female, I don't really know though. I do know that before I got them, they were 2 out of a clutch of 4, 1 male and a smaller female. The breeder told me that my 2 and their brother picked on the smallest sister to the point she had to be removed, the 3 would gang up on her all at once. :( They were all roughly the same size, she was much smaller.If I remember correctly, they all hatched within 24 hours and the little one hatched almost a week later. She did very well with a single clutch chick that was around her size though.
If I were to bring in more linnies to my existing flock, I think Boobert & Perrier would be fine. Not so sure about Kye & Fynn. Definitely would not want to bring a single linnie in though. 2 maybe :rolleyes: they would at least have each other to start with.

Cricket64

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Krista
The Linnie's are all 4-6 months. I have posted the cream baby to sell. If I haven't found a good home for it, when the larger cage gets here I will be placing the baby with my sons family. I just don't have a cage to spare until then. The cream baby was left with the parents to long and was picked on by them also. I just don't want it to be bullied anymore, I think it has dealt with enough.

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
The creamino is more than likely female. ;) What color is Georgie's sibling?

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Definitely would not want to bring a single linnie in though. 2 maybe :rolleyes: they would at least have each other to start with.
Yeah, occasionally I've been tempted by single linnies that I've seen being rehomed, but I know it would not work out with my two!

eddies aviary

Moving in
Best sales technique by some breeders.... the whole "I won't sell just one".... They pull that with Lovebirds a lot and if it is two females, it is often disasterous! It will work out, but I am in agreement.... Separate them.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I also think that three isn't a great number for LInnies. I got my Argyle because the other two, well one of the other two was beating him up. He has a linnie friend here and they are perfect together.

Cricket64

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Krista
I have the two sibs together and Puddin by herself. She seems very content and plays a lot with her toys in the cage.

Cricket64

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Krista
Well I finally received my test results on my Linnie's. The Creamino is a male and the sibs are both female. At least they are caged properly, I don't need to move anyone around. Everyone is happy & healthy.

Caza66

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carol
Good result.

eddies aviary

Moving in
Anybody have a creamino hen for sale near Massachusetts? Looking for a typey hen with some size... Close banded preferred. Would ship for a good specimen :)