• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

abnormal droppings- Help!!

rosemary

Strolling the yard
Hello everyone- are you sick of seeing my posts, yet? :D

My budgies and I overcame our first vet visit last wednesday and everything is great! They have been regurgitating food, it was not weird looking poop like I had assumed.

HOWEVER, just as I started to relax regarding their health, I noticed something diiferent in the overnight poop of my precious Primrose. I am used to his slightly bigger droppings overnight, they appear every 5-6 nights, day poop looks like regular poop always. So anyways, this morning he had a couple good looking poop in the night stash, but also a couple with bigger fecal matter, but also slightly colored urine. When I first took a look at the urine samples they had a normal to faded color from the fecal portion of his droppings. I prepared their breakfast, came back and I feel like they were much more green, it seriously surprised me and when I first took a look (prior to breakfast preparation), I remember thinking 'Oh, Primrose made bigger poops one again' and barely noticed the urine. Just the wet urine spots which you see perfectly on paper. Hence why I think the color of the green parts just faded onto the urine. But then a bit research later, I read that green colored urine could be a liver disease indicator. Means I am stressed out again.

The vet examined his abdomen last Wednesday and said everything was great, so the liver was not enlarged for that matter.

How does his poop look to you guys? Posting two pics, since one I took in the sunlight, I did not want it to falsify the colors :)

Are droppings of birds with internal organ issues abnormal with normal poop throughout or are every piece of dropping abnormal looking? Any experience?

Attachments

rosemary

Strolling the yard
According to this chart- everything might be good, but you never know.

Oh and his droppings and urine have been looking good since then. She just dropped a bit of urine- transparent. chart_droppings.jpg

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It's normal for the faeces to leech some colour into the urine. I see nothing to worry about.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
seed/oat/pellet mix in the morning/noon, through the day various veggies (kale, salad, fennel, dandelion leafs, brokkoli, sometimes carrots), sprouted seeds and legumes for dinner.
Aaah. Brocolli and kale do the same to my flock. I think Primrose likes them - a lot :lolsign:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If the pellets are dyed, this can cause some weird coloured poo.

rosemary

Strolling the yard
Nothing I would worry about. Budgie poops can change in colour and consistency depending on many factors including diet, time of day or even if they have just had a bath.
I had heard that variations are normal, but since I have not encountered this kind of variation, I panicked... once again :)

rosemary

Strolling the yard
last night's poop, I guess in Primrose's case this is what his overnight poop looks like from now on :lol:

Soo, I guess there is nothing to worry about, righht?

Sorry, I swear, I was not such a panicked person before I had my budgies :shy:

Attachments

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
last night's poop, I guess in Primrose's case this is what his overnight poop looks like from now on :lol:

Right. Nothing to worry about.
Sorry, I swear, I was not such a panicked person before I had my budgies
We've all been there. You'll soon calm down as you get used to looking after them. Everything normalises.

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
:budgie2: :grouphug2: If you are feeling unsteady or your gut is telling you its wrong, go to the vet. Better safe than sorry. There are periods where my bird has wet poop, but in a few weeks it firms up and everything is fine.

rosemary

Strolling the yard
:budgie2: :grouphug2: If you are feeling unsteady or your gut is telling you its wrong, go to the vet. Better safe than sorry. There are periods where my bird has wet poop, but in a few weeks it firms up and everything is fine.
that is a good tip, thank you! The only reason I was hesitant is because I had been to one just a couple days ago and mine has some wet poop at night, but its usually bit different hence my slight concern :) but his poop is looking perfect right now!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Sorry, I swear, I was not such a panicked person before I had my budgies :shy:
It's amazing how we feel when we think something is wrong with our feathered babies, right?! Yes, I was never so focused on a creature's poop until I had my boys, lol!

Both of my boys can have watery droppings if they are nervous. The day that a Cooper's Hawk rushed the storm door, the boys were a bit watery for about an hour afterward! My Jujube does have watery droppings now and again, and my vet and I are working through a few diet adjustments to see if it won't improve.

Hang in there! We've got this :)

rosemary

Strolling the yard
It's amazing how we feel when we think something is wrong with our feathered babies, right?! Yes, I was never so focused on a creature's poop until I had my boys, lol!

Both of my boys can have watery droppings if they are nervous. The day that a Cooper's Hawk rushed the storm door, the boys were a bit watery for about an hour afterward! My Jujube does have watery droppings now and again, and my vet and I are working through a few diet adjustments to see if it won't improve.

I knew, I would love them, but not this much :heart: I worry so much about them, but we all just want the best for them :hug8:

rosemary

Strolling the yard

Wow, very interesting!! Mine only has watery poop at night/every 6-7 days...