• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Abandoned Parrots: one scarlet and one greenwing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariec

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marie
I received a very disturbing call this am. Two large parrots; apparently a greenwing and a scarlet have been abandoned without food or water in a home near sterling heights Michigan.

The reposition team called us at Feathered Friends of Michigan to help. I have over 30 birds in rescue right now, I am 8 months pregnant and the rescue may have to be evacuated due to flooding in Milan Michigan this weekend. I do not feel like I can take these guys on right now....

Is there anyone who can help with these birds; even temporarily. They are not in cages and do not have them. Which creates another problem as I have no empty cages.

The repo guy said the bank will lock them in to starve and he has two-3 days to get them somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TypingParrot

Rollerblading along the road
OMG...I am crossposting to my examiner FB I hope you don't mind.
:(

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
dear god I hope someone gets them soon...

mariec

Real Name
Marie
No please post ANYWHERE. Even temporary help will due...I can figure something out if I have time to deal with the flooding here and caging for these guys.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What rescues have you contacted in Michigan for help? The Humane Society would also help, and so would Michigan Anti Cruelty.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I don't want to volunteer someone else but would Mystics Mom be able to help? If I remember correctly she's in Michigan too but I'm not sure where and I think she works with rescues.

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Do we have any Michigan people who can't take them in, but could help transport the birds, some sort of railroad, in case someone further away can take them in? That would up our chances of finding them a temporary home. I know our AA community will step in to do all the is necessary.

TypingParrot

could you PM me some info? Like the name of the bank doing the repo and the locations. I got a volunteer on FB who has large macaws who might be interested!

mariec

Real Name
Marie
Tanya has given me a number for another lady who does rescue for I believe purple heart rescue. So it looks like these two have found the help they so desperately need.

Thank you Tanya and everyone for your fast response!

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
I've cross posted it where I can. I can't believe they would lock in the birds to starve!!!! :mad:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tanya has given me a number for another lady who does rescue for I believe purple heart rescue. So it looks like these two have found the help they so desperately need.

Thank you Tanya and everyone for your fast response!

Purple Parrot and she is very close to there :)

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
I've cross posted it where I can. I can't believe they would lock in the birds to starve!!!! :mad:
They do it all the time. It is really disgusting and despicable. Why would you not, at the very least, let them outside? It is 103 degrees here today, imagine being in a house with no ac or windows open? I have heard stories here with all the foreclosed houses, I do foreclosures and people tell me such awful stories. I have almost broken into a house to get some birds out, but luckily a cop friend helped me out so I didn't get arrested! LOL. I would not have cared but I could lose my BAR license. :eek:

Pumpkin

Real Name
Tracy
To starve? :mad::( That's just horrible. Thank you Tanya for all you do!!:hug8:

seharley

Moving in
Real Name
Susan Harley
:omg:
I live in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, 30 min from Sterling Heights and I LOVE birds. Being a fairly new bird owner (I have a young BH Pionus named Quinn, almost 3 yrs old now, that I got about 9 months ago, as well as some finches) I am a bit intimidated by the idea of owning a large macaw. Also I do not have any extra cages. However, if transport, assistance, or a temporary home is needed (if I could get help with a cage, anyway), I will be happy to help. Anything to get those babies into a good home. Please feel free to contact me if needed... I got notice of this via a cross-post on facebook and could not keep quiet. I hope that their rescue effort is going well. Take care all.

Euphoria

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
yea and people wonder why i enjoy hanging out with my birds more the humans... some people are just so cruel it makes me want to throw up... if anything animals were here longer then humans. and yet some people treat with like they have no value. its should be illegal to kill a animal as it is to kill a human

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Post #9 says they have contacted someone that can help. That is the way I am reading this. I cant believe they would close up a house and leave live pets inside. Some kind of law needs to happen on that. :mad: What kind of person could actually do that?

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm only three hours away and would find the door left open if need be. OMG isn't it animal cruelty to leave an animal to starve? Please let me know if I need to make a bird run!

Status
Not open for further replies.