• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A story about Petrie...as told by my husband :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Yesterday morning I went to the gym to work off the future turkey eating that would commence later ;)

Anyhow Will was so excited when I got home! Apparently Petrie decided she wanted some attention, so she climbed OFF of her cage, through the bedroom into the living room and over to Will's recliner in the living room and made some kissy noises to get his attention! He looked down and said "Oh hi Petrie! Do you want to step up?" So she did. Then he put her on his shoulder...she climbed down onto his chest, buried her head into his chin and let the scritches begin! :D :dance5::dance4::elefant:

So last night were sitting here and everyone went to bed so I brought Petrie out with us and put her on my shoulder. After a few minutes she was antsy and so I assumed she wanted to go back. Will picks her up and sure enough she climbs over and puts her head down begging for scritches again! :eek:

It's only been 2 weeks! I can't believe the strides she's made in such little time :D

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Wow what a sweetie :heart:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Sure enough just a few minutes ago she climbed off her cage again and over to him! She's currently all fluffy and falling asleep on his shoulder :hehe:

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Looks to me like Petrie has made a new friend lol

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Yep! I said to him, "Are you SURE you don't want to keep her?" :hehe:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
OH Laying the bait!!!! Good going Heather!!!!:dancing::dancing:
That is so cute!:hug8:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
OH Laying the bait!!!! Good going Heather!!!!:dancing::dancing:
That is so cute!:hug8:
Well she would very obviously be HIS bird as she's not real thrilled with me, but that's fine that she has a favorite :)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Sounds like she has picked her person. She sure is making good progress.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Your husband is has no choice but to give in and enjoy it. He's got himself a bird! :D

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
We are pretty amazed ourselves :D

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I bet your husband feels special that HE was her pick lol

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Thugluvgrl187 said:
I bet your husband feels special that HE was her pick lol
He can help but feel all warm and fuzzy about it :) I bet we will be keeping her.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
He can help but feel all warm and fuzzy about it :) I bet we will be keeping her.
That's really cool. My husband is not comfortable with the birds at all. They are in my office and he doesn't do anything with them, but he does talk to and whistle to them sometimes. I was very proud of him that he held Autumn my GCC the other day. And, he does seem to like Merlin, the spectacled amazon I am fostering. He won't hold him but will hand him a peanut. I think it's great that your husband is getting attached to Petrie.:heart:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
BraveheartDogs said:
That's really cool. My husband is not comfortable with the birds at all. They are in my office and he doesn't do anything with them, but he does talk to and whistle to them sometimes. I was very proud of him that he held Autumn my GCC the other day. And, he does seem to like Merlin, the spectacled amazon I am fostering. He won't hold him but will hand him a peanut. I think it's great that your husband is getting attached to Petrie.:heart:
Will loves all of our animals as he's like a little kid that never grew up. Dakota wasn't thrilled with him though. It was the first animal we've had that didn't love him like crazy. So I think when Petrie came along he was thinking she would be like Dakota was. But it's clear that she thinks he's the bee's knees :D

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
She is currently sleeping on him and has been sitting with him for over an hour now :)

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so happy for Petrie that's she's adjusting so well!

Lotsa Birds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sandy
Aww........ You gotta keep her. It sounds like how we got Rolly. We had Shadow and Glory, and they are both "my" birds. My husband was not a bird person. And Shadow would bite the heck out of him. I took Rolly to foster, and she was a known biter. I could get her in and out of her cage with some coaxing, but that was it. One day, she jumped on the floor, ran over to my husband and climbed up his leg. Before then he hadn't paid any attention to her. I told him to be really careful with her when she was on his lap, and soon she wanted her head petted. From then on, they have been in love......... He adopted her on his birthday, and loves her like she is his child.

Good luck, I think Petrie is home :)

Sandy

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
Funny how they pick - Kota picked my DH almost to the point of obsession.

Status
Not open for further replies.