• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Packer Update

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
Sounds like he has recovered from his marathon of molding perching..lol. You can most definitely leave him in the dining room throughout the day and move him to the bedroom at night. Sam goes to a spare bedroom to sleep uninterrupted at night. I do think the bedroom is safer for flighttime though, at least for now. I wouldn't push the new cage on him yet but do have it near when you let him out. Sam took her time getting used to her sleep cage, I just left it by her regular cage at first with seed and water inside and a few favorite toys and eventually she started checking it out on her own. Packer may need more coaxing but I wouldn't worry to much about that yet.

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
@Lori D Pert
Oh, there is NO WAY Packer is flying free in the dining room till he is very, very, very, very tame! Poor thing freaks a bit when I move his big ol' cage from room to room. It's not easy nor quiet. But gotta do what we gotta do. When I let him out IN BEDROOM maybe tomorrow, I'll leave both cage doors open. But he's so timid, he's probably scared of the new little cage.

I suppose if he just refuses to do what I want him to do (where would I get such an idea about cute li'l Packer?) :lol:

I could try putting food and water only in small cage, but I won't do that for a while unless days and days go by and he won't go in little cage.

Last edited: