• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A little explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
I was chatting with someone via email, and she had no idea who I was until we got talking.

I just wanted to make a brief post as to who I am. Many of you know me.

I am the Kathie who used to be with Bird Paradise. Due to unfortunate circumstances, I am no longer there. After my departure from BP, I went into somewhat of a very dark period and disappeared from here for quite some time. At the urging of many friends in the avian world, I decided to open my own on-line business, since I used to, among many other things, maintain/manage/oversee their on-line store.

I am basing the concept of my new store on what I learned over the years from folks with whom I spoke, emailed, etc. I learned about good products and bad products, good foods and bad foods. Being that they have an actual store, I had hands-on experience with the toys and saw some that I absolutely loved and others that I absolutely hated. I saw food mixes that I wouldn't feed to a squirrel, but which, on line, looked lovely. They weren't.

So, thanks to the suggetion from a wonderful member here, whose identity I will not post, I wanted to let you kniow who I am and what I am all about. I think any of you who know me are aware of my passion for birds, their welfare, safety, biosecurity and happiness. With those goals in mind, I have built my on-line store and will continue to build it.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Thanks Kathie. I just placed my first order with you today! :hug8:

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Thanks Kathie. I just placed my first order with you today! :hug8:
Thank you so much! I am actually out of here in a bit to go pack orders Thank you again!!! (Must admit this is really scary, but I am trying to be very patient and positive!)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Not sure if my Avian Avenue code worked though, if you wouldnt mind checking that. Looking forward to trying the Bistro foods!

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Not sure if my Avian Avenue code worked though, if you wouldnt mind checking that. Looking forward to trying the Bistro foods!
It worked. The discount comes off of each product, versus the total. This way, you can still get free shipping on orders of $100.00 or more even if the grand total is less. Does that make sense?

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Kathie ..

I knew who you were ... lol .. and was so glad to see you back!! You really helped me quite a bit with orders and information. I am SO HAPPY you are back, your knowledge, caring and customer service are always excellent!!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Good Luck and many blessings on your new venture.

Ginger

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
good luck Kathie and hope it all turns out well for you

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Aha!! There you are! I kind of thought that was you, but I wasn't sure. Glad to have you back and now, if you'll excuse me, I must go and check out your store. :dance5:

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Kathie, so glad to see you back! I thought there was a connection there, but I wasn't sure. From previous experiences of ordering from you while you managed BP, I can tell you I was entirely impressed with your customer service, dedication to detail, and personal touch that you put on every order. I look forward to ordering from you now with your new store! :)

PS- I PM'd you.

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
:hug8: Glad to see you again!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
It worked. The discount comes off of each product, versus the total. This way, you can still get free shipping on orders of $100.00 or more even if the grand total is less. Does that make sense?
Yes it does, thank you! I didnt want to get out of my order so I thought I would just ask you after..thank you for the discount!:hug8:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Oh Wow, okay, I was familiar with the name of Bird Paradise online store but had no idea you were from there! So therefore I was not familiar with your name or where you were from!! Nice to meet you, Kathie!

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
:hug8: Glad you're back on your feet. :)

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Kathie- you are absolutely fabulous and will always be in my heart :) I'm glad you started your own store... I can't wait to put my first order in!

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Please know that I am still working on the site to add new products as well as custom blends, so check back often. I am hoping to have Goldenfeast on by next week. Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.