• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Letter to Summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Hey Summer-lovin'...
I just wanted to write you this because it's been 3 months since you've been gone... and I miss you now more than ever. The weather's been nice and I keep repeating "Gosh.. I love summer" and it reminds me of you. I named you Summer because summertime is my favorite time of the year. Everything is alive and green and blue and the sun is shining. The summer season is what you were. Warm, colorful, easy going.This time last year I was counting down the days till I got to see you and hold you. So every since time I feel happy that it's finally summer and warm- I think of you and I miss you and I'm so sad.

Cydney came to visit a week and a half ago. She would have finally been able to meet you. We were looking forward to her meeting you and seeing how wonderful you are. We went to the bird fair. Last year I was shopping for you at that fair.
I know you know that we have a baby Cape coming home. Capri isn't a replacement. I just can't stand not being able to look at your cage without a heavy heart. I still call it Summer's cage. All your stuff is still in that cage. I haven't even cleaned out your old food bowls. I should probably do that before the new baby comes home... but I'm definitely not looking forward to that day.
When Cydney was here we were rearranging the bird room and I moved your cage. There were a bunch of your feathers under the cage. I was vacuuming and there were several of your feathers under there and it absolutely destroyed me to vacuum them up. That was the last bit of you I had. I have a few of your feathers saved but it really hurt to just vacuum those up.

God- I just wish I could see you again. To hear your goofy yell from upstairs. I wish I could hold you as you snuggle into me. I'd let you throw your papaya and squash around the kitchen. I'd let you feed the dogs as much as you want. I just want to see you again. I want my sweet girl back... I miss you.

This summer and every summer is for you sweet girl...

Last edited:

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
:hug8:

You've brought me to tears. Summer knew how much you loved her. It won't ever be the same but she's changed so many lives, even though her life was sadly cut way too short. I don't think there's a person who knew Summer that doesn't wish she could be back with you. :hug5:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so sorry for you.

Matt

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:( Oh Joanna.. I'm sorry. :hug8::hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hey Summer-lovin'...
I just wanted to write you this because it's been 3 months since you've been gone... and I miss you now more than ever. The weather's been nice and I keep repeating "Gosh.. I love summer" and it reminds me of you. I named you Summer because summertime is my favorite time of the year. Everything is alive and green and blue and the sun is shining. The summer season is what you were. Warm, colorful, easy going.This time last year I was counting down the days till I got to see you and hold you. So every since time I feel happy that it's finally summer and warm- I think of you and I miss you and I'm so sad.

Cydney came to visit a week and a half ago. She would have finally been able to meet you. We were looking forward to her meeting you and seeing how wonderful you are. We went to the bird fair. Last year I was shopping for you at that fair.
I know you know that we have a baby Cape coming home. Capri isn't a replacement. I just can't stand not being able to look at your cage without a heavy heart. I still call it Summer's cage. All your stuff is still in that cage. I haven't even cleaned out your old food bowls. I should probably do that before the new baby comes home... but I'm definitely not looking forward to that day.
When Cydney was here we were rearranging the bird room and I moved your cage. There were a bunch of your feathers under the cage. I was vacuuming and there were several of your feathers under there and it absolutely destroyed me to vacuum them up. That was the last bit of you I had. I have a few of your feathers saved but it really hurt to just vacuum those up.

God- I just wish I could see you again. To hear your goofy yell from upstairs. I wish I could hold you as you snuggle into me. I'd let you throw your papaya and squash around the kitchen. I'd let you feed the dogs as much as you want. I just want to see you again. I want my sweet girl back... I miss you.

This summer and every summer is for you sweet girl...
Joanna,

This was so sweet, what a nice tribute to her. I am crying for you both. I know you miss her....:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
What a beautiful heartfelt letter. Many hugs Joanna.:hug8:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I'm so sorry Joanna. :hug8:

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
:hug8::hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Some things I just have a hard time understanding. I miss her too. :hug8:

Ginger

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
:hug8::hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I have tears in my eyes...you will see her again you know...one day.:hug8:

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Joanna, I'm so sorry for your loss of Summer. I wish you could hold her again. :hug8:

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, I went through some kleenex on that one! Beautiful letter Joanna. My heart aches for you. Summer surely was a special girl and is very missed by all. Hugs.

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That was very sweet. I wish you could see her again too. She knew you loved her.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a lovely letter, Joanna. And she was a beautiful baby. :hug8:

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I am so sorry!:( That made me almost cry!

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I'm soooooo sorry Joanna... We all knew how much you loved her.. And what a beautiful tribute to little Summer *HUGS*

Status
Not open for further replies.