• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A lesson learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
I come home from work tonight, and walk into the birdroom as i always do.

I go to greet Mika, and he steps up, but then viciously starts attacking me. Bites after bites.Then he even falls to the ground..once i pick him up, AGAIN, attacks me. My hands had so many holes by the time he was done..its still throbbing

Well i put him back on his cage, and he is ••••ED. Pacing and making angry noises at me. So now im thinking..WHAT is his problem? I know it wasnt being away at work, because hes always happy to see me. Even Eric was like whats going on with him.

So im thinking and thinking, and finally it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was wearing my glasses!!!!

I took them off, and Mika came running over to give me kisses. Hopped right on my hand and was perfectly fine. SHEESH!

Eric walks back in the room and said wow, what did you do?? I said i took off my glasses. Hes like what... youve GOT to be kidding me, THATS what he was so angry about??

Apparently i look really different..to the point it fooled him. I couldnt believe it.

My last contact ripped this morning, and of course the place i order them from is out of stock!!!
So i have to wear my glasses until then. My vision is -6.00 for those of you who understand that, im pretty much legally BLIND!!!

Lets hope i dont forget tomorrow night

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Wow, it made THAT much of a difference to him? unbelievable!

I had no idea you're blind, ••••, that's not good. :( I hope you can get your contacts soon so he doesn't have to be afraid of your glasses anymore. :hug8:

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
I am so sorry about your hand, but that is a funny story!!! :rofl:

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Wow, it made THAT much of a difference to him? unbelievable!
Isnt it?? I couldnt believe the change when i took them off. I never wouldve believed it made that much of a difference. He immediately hated me when i walked in that room!!

Id put it on tape, but it was much too painful :( lol

Oknuma

Real Name
Oknuma
wasnt Mika one of your babies who was taken? maybe the strong reaction was because whoever the evil sod who took them was wearing glasses?

Sorry about your hand :(

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
It's so funny when they decide they are angry and we have to figure out the problem.

I'm sorry, it is a funny story though:rofl:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Aww my Quaker can go postal too if something isnt to his liking. I cant have my hair in a towel around him or he attacks me. :(

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
It's quite amazing what a new piece of clothing or accessory can do with our birds. I fell out of favour with Zoe and Savvy for a while because i was wearing a beanie when i woke them up. :rolleyes:

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
wasnt Mika one of your babies who was taken? maybe the strong reaction was because whoever the evil sod who took them was wearing glasses?

That's the first thought that came to my mind too, that it may have something to do with the time he was gone :confused:

I hope you'll get your contact replaced very soon! For your and Mika's sake!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Yowzas! Well, at least you were able to locate the source of his agitation and he was back to giving you kisses once you had fixed the situation :lol:

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Yep he was one of the ones that was taken and found. It could be. Personally i dont think it was the glasses, i think he didnt RECOGNIZE me with the glasses. Hes turned into a one person bird. Me only. He refuses to go to anyone else..so i think maybe he just thought i was someone different. :( I almost forgot again this morning! LOL. But remembered just in time.

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
It's amazing what throws them sometimes. Kai recognizes me with and without glasses now, but I confused him at first when I started wearing them again.

And I know what you mean about the prescription! I use to be -7 and -8 in my eyes but my vision has been slowly improving (and my astigmatisms have mostly corrected themselves, almost entirely in one eye and mostly in the other) so I'm at a -5 and -6

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea

That's what I was thinking too because none of my birds, including Tango who cam with phobias, have an issue with me wearing glasses. I do understand the blindness though! Have you tried an online place like 1800contacts or vision direct? They ship pretty quickly.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I see I'm not the only one who breaks the rules as layed out by the masters. One little mistake and BAM!! :D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
oh gosh how scary you must look in those glasses..:laughing12: just kidding.wow.. Sam reacts like that to the color red.

THANKS MIRIAM FOR MY AWESOME NEW SIGGY!!!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Aww my Quaker can go postal too if something isnt to his liking. I cant have my hair in a towel around him or he attacks me. :(
Towel wrapped heads are a very big no no around here. :eek:

Kathy

Sometimes Sport is mean to me when I wear my hair down or wear a certain shirt (mostly red in color)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww poor you. It definitely is something to NOT forget.

:(

Today before I left the house I went to say bye to my parrots while wearing my earmuffs. Emma gave me the biggest stink eye possible. I was perplexed for a few seconds until I remembered my ear muffs were still on.:o:

They don't seem to like those much.

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Hats/ especially with a brim are no nos here.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Wow, I just can't believe it was just because of glasses. So it really is true that any change of any kind can really throw birds off.

Status
Not open for further replies.