• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

a funny story from long ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
For many years I took care of horses,chickens,(67 to be exact)and a herd of cattle.I lived on this 300 acre farm in my little 2 bedroom house.I loved it there.There was never a dull moment and lots to do.At the time I also had my Tag sadie and of course Hiram.The front and back of the house had screened in porches.So hiram and sadie had lots of time out on their stands.hiramn would serenade these chickens daily.http://forums.avianavenue.com/amazon-avenue/20888-funny-story.html
The only negative,I was pretty far from my daughter.Some weekends she would come out to spend time with me.Well this one weekend....she decided to spend the night.We watched movies then went to bed.Now on this farm these 67 chickens were free range.....they came and went all around the property wherever they wanted daily.But each night before dark they all headed back to the large barn to roost.Just like clock work.;)So all tucked in her bed and sound asleep my daughter was....well just as the sun rise so do the chicken...the nice quiet little hens and the very noisy rooster.I think out of the 67 chickens there were about 34 male species of this feathered bunch.now you all know how much noise one or two roosters can make.Well times that by 15...:hehe:boy when they wake they let the world know its a new day.The look on my daughters face was priceless...with a "what the heck is that..............followed by an "oh gosh":rofl::rofl:
I think that was the only night she spent out there.....:lol:
With Holidays new thread on the eggs it just reminded me of this day.memories aren't they grand:)

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
:lol: I bet you have some great memories from living there Marian :hug8:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:rofl: That is so funny!

The most roos our family ever had at once is three, I think, not counting youngsters. That was loud enough :D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hehe: WHAT A WONDERFUL STORY

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran