• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

23 Year Old GW Macaw Being Rehomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
23 Year Old GW Macaw Being Rehomed.
Contact me.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If this is Chaos I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope whomever it is a wonderful home is found.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry you are having to rehome :sad8:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh no. So sorry that you're rehoming. PM me if I can help....

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope this isn't your Chaos, but it seems that it is. I'm so so sorry! I know you will find a lovely home for your boy.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Oh Becky I'm so sorry to read this. I hope that you find a good home for him.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
In what sort of environment do you think he would thrive?
Either in one where he is the main pet/bird, or in a setting with another macaw.

Chaos has lived in my living room for 20+ years, so he's never been alone, always just a few feet from me.
Isolation (or a room of his own) I believe would devastate him as he's never felt it.
He has never been around other birds his size, but I think would enjoy it and even bond with one.
Chaos has never developed a mate bond with me, so he's ripe for falling head over heels.
He likes my smaller birds, the dangers in size differences though have always convinced me to not allow them to mingle.

A family/person that allows him his space is what I think would work best, he is not a cuddly bird, but is one that loves company.
Who knows though, in a new home, new people, new place, he could fall madly in love with his next owner and turn into a totally different bird.

I think it all depends on the new owner's patience and personality.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry you have to rehome him. I hope you find him the perfect home. A perfect home would be with someone that really loves birds & can spend time, funds, etc. Our lives changed when we got our birds, but we knew it would. His new owner should understand that & be willing to put him first before many of life's pleasures. They need to understand he will be family, a companion, or like a child, & not just a pet, but included in daily life. I'd suggest, whom ever he ends up with, you have them sign a legal contract that if it doesn't work out you get him back.

The people I got JaJaBinks (passed August 2020) from couldn't even handle her. She didn't know how to step up. They had her in a tiny home made junky cage, no toys & kept in the dark 24/7 so she'd be quiet. When I got her she was 2 years & 1 week old. It took me many months to turn her around & she ended up being an amazing companion.

If I were younger & Chaos was female (my 3 parrots are female) & I had the space for another large cage I'd consider taking him. I'm sure he & JaKhu would have a blast destroying things. If Chaos isn't a destroyer JaKhu would teach him in a heart beat how to be, LOL. We just got the aviary out-fitted for summer & day one outside JaKhu totally destroyed a new toy.

Best wishes.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Either in one where he is the main pet/bird, or in a setting with another macaw.

Chaos has lived in my living room for 20+ years, so he's never been alone, always just a few feet from me.
Isolation (or a room of his own) I believe would devastate him as he's never felt it.
He has never been around other birds his size, but I think would enjoy it and even bond with one.
Chaos has never developed a mate bond with me, so he's ripe for falling head over heels.
He likes my smaller birds, the dangers in size differences though have always convinced me to not allow them to mingle.

A family/person that allows him his space is what I think would work best, he is not a cuddly bird, but is one that loves company.
Who knows though, in a new home, new people, new place, he could fall madly in love with his next owner and turn into a totally different bird.

I think it all depends on the new owner's patience and personality.
Not sure if you'd wanna post a pic to show how magnificent he is,but if you do may I politely suggest the one where he's either catching or throwing a ball I believe it is? I think that really shows off his personality :heart:

Molly

Moving in
Real Name
Molly Shiley
What state are you in? How do you think he would do in a home with a 4 year old and 9 month old?

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Not sure if you'd wanna post a pic to show how magnificent he is,but if you do may I politely suggest the one where he's either catching or throwing a ball I believe it is? I think that really shows off his personality :heart:
I think I can find one or two. ;)

Here is the one you mentioned.
1.jpg

Showing off his smarts.
247169_1595447586130_1677874_n.jpg

Showing off his bad habits. (no drinking happened)
251248_1604822100487_1300589_n.jpg

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
What state are you in? How do you think he would do in a home with a 4 year old and 9 month old?
With the proper owner he'd do fantastic. Good owners bring up their children to properly love, respect and care for animals.
But you'd need some very special people to vouch for you as I've never seen you here before today, and this is your first post.
I am in Pennsylvania.

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Oscar came from a small flock and has great flock skills, so I think Chaos and Oscar would hit it off if their citizenship aligned -- brothers from different mothers.

(never noticed their names are anagrams, off by 1 letter)

Status
Not open for further replies.