• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 questions About lovebird baby

Hasrat1

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hasrat Kaur
1) So my 6 week old lovebird has these white milky runny poops is this normal?
He eats a little seeds and is still on formula
2) I have truble weening him he eats some seeds, doesn’t have any interest in water. He eats around 8cc every 4 hours how do I make him ween I don’t want to force him as I’ve read that’s not good but I’m not sure he’ll stop on is own IMG_1685.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Do you have a better pic of the poops? I can't see very well.

If the poop is sort of a milky water with no solids, it could mean your bird is not eating enough.

Hasrat1

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hasrat Kaur
Do you have a better pic of the poops? I can't see very well.

If the poop is sort of a milky water with no solids, it could mean your bird is not eating enough.
It’s milky white with small poop chunks in it they are also kind of white/milky ish

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The solid part sounds like the formula. Seeds would turn the poops green.
It's importand he eats, no matter if it's formula or seeds. He should still be eating formula, but be a little closer to weaning, but that's ok. Just keep the dry food avail. at all times, and offer some veggies in the morning/midday.

Hasrat1

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hasrat Kaur
The solid part sounds like the formula. Seeds would turn the poops green.
It's importand he eats, no matter if it's formula or seeds. He should still be eating formula, but be a little closer to weaning, but that's ok. Just keep the dry food avail. at all times, and offer some veggies in the morning/midday.
I give him formula every time he gets hungry or around every 3-4 hours, and seeds and pellets are available for him 24/7 I'm trying to get him to eat different types of veggies but as of now he has no interest in it as of now

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
It's ok, he will try it eventually :) I did notice some of my birds would wean onto dry foods, then it owuld take a little while before they accepted veggies. Usually peas where the first things to pique interest.
As long as you supplement with formula, you will know he is not going hungry, and that is the most important thing.