• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 Budgies oldest is picking on the younger one

Snitchet

Meeting neighbors
This has just happened in the past couple of days not fighting exactly older one always beak butting. They both live in a fairly large cage should I move the younger one out for a while and try re- introducing him to the older bird later. They have been living together for the past 3 weeks why this now I wonder, just feel blue is being bullied or is this budgie etiquette. :cry3:

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Yes maybe you should move the younger one out. My budgies do this too but they can't live together because they fight

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If it's just beak banging they'll be fine, it's part of the natural bonding process. However if they fight involving beaks, claws, blood and feathers then they need separating.

Snitchet

Meeting neighbors
Not fighting just seems to pick on him then I find them sleeping in their seed dishes near each other. Stuck as towhat to do there they are both woken up on the same perch. The beat butting doesn't happen all the time, what else happens with bonding and how long does it take. I have changed their budgie music they are happy :idea:Thanks Rishod very much

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
what else happens with bonding and how long does it take.
They will probably never shuggle together when sleeping but you can expect them to regurgitate to each other and preen each other.
You've never had a pair of budgies before? The best advice I can give is to keep them together for now, sit back and enjoy your budgie's.
Every budgie is different. Other than the two things I mentioned above it's up to your budgie's.
Get them some more toys. Chewing stuff like card and wooden toys are always popular. And read through the posts on Budgie Boulevard and the Feathered Food Court for tips and diet.
I won't give any taming and training advice here. To keep it tidy start a new thread.

Snitchet

Meeting neighbors
Thankyou just found it alarming when the beak butting started, tough little birds I aim to enjoy them even their you tube stuff they so enjoy so much.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Do you have 3 birds in one cage? If this is so one may be picked on when there are 3.

Snitchet

Meeting neighbors
No 2 birds they are ok just the oldest sounds as though he is scolding, both just get on with what they want to do. At the moment is corn going to attack them also lettuce wary . It's a new cage also so must take some getting used to.

Snitchet

Meeting neighbors
Update watching the boys it's a perch and and a mirror causing the problem. Get that sorted out pretty quick! :budgie: :budgie8: