• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

13-Week B&G, possible renal damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybird

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Hope
At risk of stating the obvious - have you lowered all the perches in the cage?
Yes, but like all babies-- he's determined to go exactly where I don't want him to. He didn't even fall far, but he struck one of his toys on landing, which did it. :( I try to keep him distracted with a plethora of things to play with in easy reach. The road to hell is paved in good intentions.

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
I am also sorry to hear about his neurological dilema. Do you think the mfr. should be held responsible for his vet bills? Have you contacted them? It is very sad and I think you ought to discuss this with the doctor and send the company a letter including a disc with the video.

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Poor little guy! I hope he improves soon. Maybe as he learns to use his wings his balance will improve. :hug8:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Having a naked bird trying to fly is not a good things. That was my male ekkie. I put a dog foam pad on the bottom of the cage covered with a baby quilt. I then put pillows around his cage. He kept flying and falling. The pillow system worked though.

In the elderly they use to tie them down with various forms of restraints. How cruel and ineffective. It was learned that one cannot keep them from falling....just make them safe when they do.

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
This is horrible that it could happen. I'm sorry you and Keanu are going through this. Hope everything in the end works out and he develops proper balance and co-ordination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.