• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zephyr is chewing his feathers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I don't know if I've traumatized him with the over-reaction after Giggie's leg bite and jumping up to break up any fights or if perhaps I shouldn't be reacting when he bites the ever-lovin crap out of me when trying to put him to bed. I'll have to take him to the vet so I can rule out illness but he just had a good health check a few months ago. Perhaps maybe he started chewing and now it's itchy? I adore him and am second guessing my parronting abilities or hubby thinks perhaps I worry too much about their happiness and health...I know deep breath and work it through. Okay, give me some ideas...it's just his right leg but I couldn't see anything through all his feathers. He's not chewing constantly, just will be sitting on the boing or elsewhere preening and break the feathers off like its part of the preening process. When I put a little pressure on the leg and belly to feel around, he doesn't complain so I don't think it's bruised...I'm back to itchy? Just started within the last week. Is he sad that he doesn't have any conure friends? I think Kari might be thinking about it as she'll let him get within six inches but will go after him if she's focused on it. :(

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not sure what the issue might be,but I wanted to send a big :hug8: to you and Zephyr.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Thanks April...he is coming into hormones and such as well. Hurry up spring/summer so we can go outside and break up the cabin fever! Thinking about putting a sleep cage next to the bed now that it's warmer upstairs as well. Although he does not like to be out of the bird room so maybe that wouldn't help. OIY...perhaps I'll contact the pet psychic!

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Status
Not open for further replies.