• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zeek loves to be wrapped in a towel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
When Zeek was younger, and he became aggressive, I would have to towel him to get him in the cage. He would fight the towel ferociously. Often he would hang off the end of it swinging while attacking the towel, and I gingerly carried it to the cage. At some point, he decided that he LIKES to be wrapped in a towel. He does not get as angry/aggressive nowadays, but he will refuse to go into the cage often. So, I sometimes have to resort to "toweling" him. He will completely relent and stand there while I wrap him in the towel. This is followed by kisses on the top of his head, snuggles, and a walk "exploring" the house. He absolutely loves it and I think that it is because he loves the attn. and it is something new and different. One thing I do, though, is try to use tee shirts or thin towels. I dont keep him wrapped in the towel for long either. I get worried that he might overheat. I also approach him gently and slowly from the side.

Attachments

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
awww!:heart: very cute!

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
aww!! just makes me wanna cuddle the lil angel! my lil marley also loves to play in towels and to be covered. :heart:

linus69

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Our feathered "Pit Bull" also loves to be wrapped in a towel, or anything cloth and she too has a love hate relationship going on it seems. She will approach a folded bath towel slowly and stealthily, then she attacks it with zeal pulling, pushing and beaking it for all she`s worth and then she stops and makes tender "love" to the darn thing.
She also loves to be covered and cupped in my hands, she almost immediately closes her eyes and goes limp like jello, not sure if she is sleeping or in a trance.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Those pictures were so cute!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
So cute!! :heart:

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Awww :swoon: he looks like a little sleeping baby.. :smileflower:

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Paco likes it too! We call him our Paco Taco! Lol. I think he likes the safe feeling, and that we always baby him when having to towel him to do his nails, so he knows he will get babied afterwards lol. Very adorable, Zeek is a charmer! :heart:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
LOL! It sound like Zeek is not the only cuddle monster! I do think it is because he likes the special attn. Yesterday, I took him in the shower and then wrapped him in a thin towel. He just loved it!

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is a cutie :swoon:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Too darling for words...Elvis loves to be wrapped after his bath & will literally
go into a trance...they turn from tyrants to angels...I could almost say he lets
ot a semi snoaring sound..jajaja...:eek::cool1:

AvianNyck

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nyckolas
So freaking adorable! The more I learn about these birds the more I think a caique is for me! it Has become my decision for my Large Parrot fix! lol I love the pics!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.