• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yuna Comes Home~A Journey To Health ( new pics #53 / vids #58, 59)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Thank you.:hug8: Yes Kacy, the chlamydia test was negative. We will be re-testing though.
That's awesome news!! :highfive: Hopefully the next test shows the same thing.

She really looks night and day different. She's so lucky you found her!!

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
just reading these threads about yuna. i can't believe how tiny she is! so glad you got her and that she's improving. shame on those people =( oh and congratulations on your new HH:D!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks Kacy.:) Hi Courtney, thank you. It all kind of happened so fast, I didn't know what drove me but something strong did. I am so anxious to find out if she really is a GIRL!:) She is definitely different compared to Cochise.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
well, whatever it was that drove you, i think it was meant to be. can't imagine where she could have ended up at that low price and needing lots of vet care. seriously scary to think about. are she and cochise vocalizing back and forth? wonder what he'll think about having another HH in the house. what have you noticed about the personality differences so far? i'm always curious about that, as gypsy seems so different than all the playful HH's on here. I still can't get over her being 100 grams less than gypsy and only 30 more than weeble. is she just structurally small or is she really, really thin? how much does cochise weigh, btw?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks so much. That is scary to think about. I really do not think she would be here had she not gotten quick care from a vet. It was that bad. Not really any vocalizations yet between them, but the room she is in is closed. Jill says even if they don't get along, they seem to enjoy each others' company. At least that has been her experience. Talking and different sounds is the main thing I notice. Beak tapping on my hand, as if to regurg is another. Lots of head movement ..but then I do see a little of Cochise's body movements in her as well.
This morning Troy came in from out back and announced he was leaving for work. I was just going out of her room and she said "OK!!":D She really is cute, animated, and very loveable.:heart:
Yes, she is really thin. Her Keel really protrudes and her chest is thin.:( She likes my birdy bread though! We will get her fattened up.
:DI have not weighed Cochise in awhile. You have to wrap him up like a burrito to weigh him. I have been curious though, so next time we have the nail groomers come I can probably get their assistance with getting everyone's weight.

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Today's big news~ Yuna is now up 10 gms, from 161 to 171 gms!:dance4:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
teehee, a little cochise burrito sounds adorable! :D Gypsy stays always around 262-272, but i don't know if that is large for a female or not. i can't imagine her being 100 grams underweight and still alive. man, that poor little birdie! and she's so young, too:mad: it's just insane. she really is lucky to have found you. and kudos to hubby for being so awesome, btw:laughing12:. i am looking forward to seeing her progress. should be back around more regularly now:)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is a great improvement!

Matt

Crazy Bird Lady

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dal
Great progress :dance4::dance4: She looks so much like Zoey. I know they all "look alike" but when I see pics of her my heartstrings pull because it is like looking at my Zo Bo. Zoey was bred in Fla, do you know who the breeder was?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good job Yuna! Keep on getting better,you beautiful girlie :heart:

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Keep eating your little heart out, Yuna :hug8::heart::hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wonderful news on the weight gain! She sounds like she is a happy bird in your care. I am so glad she is feeling better. :heart::hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks everyone for the nice comments!:hug8: I keep telling her AA loves her.:heart:
Great progress :dance4::dance4: She looks so much like Zoey. I know they all "look alike" but when I see pics of her my heartstrings pull because it is like looking at my Zo Bo. Zoey was bred in Fla, do you know who the breeder was?
When we go back I will have them check the band.;) I see little differences in every HH I see.:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so glad she is making progress!!

Momto3boys

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Brandy
What a happy ending for such an amazing baby :heart:

You guys sure are lucky to have found each other, she is like a different bird....Im looking forward to watching her continued progress :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
An update on Yuna~ She continues to grow stronger every day!:heart: She acts like she has never seen things like a rope perch, toys, good homemade and fresh food. She is smart, and flying! Her vocalizations are so so cute. She will answer back when you talk to her, and says several words. We are in the homestretch on the meds. Sunday the people who clip nails came and fixed her beak a little. It was uneven, and had a deep ridge in the front which they were able to fix. They tried to take a drop of blood for a dna test, but we could not get any and could not clip her one foot any shorter, so we will have to wait on that.
She has taken everything in stride, and does not seem too stressed anymore, except when we have to medicate, and that is brief.
On a side note~ Cochise took the cage swapping and new placement the hardest. I would say he is my most sensitive bird to anything new or changes. Last night I stayed with him and we cuddled and I spoke softly to him. He finally went into his betta bed for the night.:)

Last edited:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
:yah: Yuna!! Just wonderful news! And I'm glad Cochise seems to be settling in a bit better since the cage move.

Status
Not open for further replies.