• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yucca Expedition!! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I went out with my sister in her area and we went stalking Yuccas! So in two evenings out, we got about maybe 50 yucca poles/stalks. These ones tended to not be too big in diameter and most largest at the base were along maybe up to 2" diameter. I'll probably go out again here in my area to gather a few larger ones and perhaps back up to my sister's area to gather some more.

Now, to mention a few things about Yucca, sometime back I bought some of the bagged yucca that is sold by a bird toy company who puts their own name on their bags... well needless to say, I was not happy with it at all. Most of the yucca was not to my specs. I was highly disappointed. So nope, never again will I purchase it from them again. I should have taken it all ans sent it back to my distributor but I didn't and I did sell most of it, but I sometimes wonder if that makes me not look so good on selling crap. Blah.

The Yucca I have been using for my Blu's Yucca Delight Toy has been made from Yucca that was gathered last year from my property and around. It is pretty nice and white inside.

Last edited:

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Good to hear :) Sometimes you have to do some trekking and grunt work to get what you want and expect out of a material.

I'm just picturing the two of you in safari gear, binoculars around your necks, riding a Range Rover through the jungles :D

Status
Not open for further replies.