• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yucca Elephantipes!

Hoshi

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iona

I bought this pretty spineless yucca(yucca elephantipes) at Ikea this morning, thinking that it could possibly be a good climbing plant. Before I place it in my bird's reach, I wanted to make sure that this specific type of yucca was safe.

I looked all over the internet and all I could find was yucca as a genus was safe. Does anyone know if this variety is safe?

Attachments

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

I bought this pretty spineless yucca(yucca elephantipes) at Ikea this morning, thinking that it could possibly be a good climbing plant. Before I place it in my bird's reach, I wanted to make sure that this specific type of yucca was safe.

I looked all over the internet and all I could find was yucca as a genus was safe. Does anyone know if this variety is safe?
I know I've read All Yucca is safe but... So I'm not sure about the genus... If you have a good vet, they may be able to check for you. Sorry, I'm not more help!

Hoshi

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iona
That's okay! I just called my avian vet and she was not 100% sure either.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I bought one of those from Ikea too this spring and I couldn't find a definite answer either so I don't let Blu anywhere near it. Mine has tripled in size (width wise) I love my yucca. Hope yours does as well as mine!