• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Your parrots that cause anxiety in your other parrots

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Who are they?

Sachi treats Mabel with so much disdain and contempt. :eek: I've noticed it causes so much stress and panic in Mabel. She's not the same when Sachi is out and is constantly flying towards me for protection and comfort.

Not sure what I can do other than keep them in separate rooms.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Merlin gets upset if she thinks it's possible she might get attacked. So other birds flying can stress her out, or coming too close to her. There really isn't much I can do as I think it's due to her poor vision. I have seen her get a bit calmer as time passes, hoping she realizes none of the other birds has been at all aggressive with her.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think separation can become necessary, Saemma. Rotation works pretty well here for the most part. Elvis's very presence seems to enrage Keene, and while she has more respect for Zoe, she also has a grudge against her. Everyone else makes Liam a little nervous, but he does much better with the other Illiger's.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Well, let's see here...we came in from outside last night and Tuchis would not leave poor Clancy alone (who cannot fly) no matter how many threats I made toward him, overt or otherwise...Clancy hit the floor three times, the chicken almost went after him but thought better of it...he got back up on a playstand only to be chased after by Amarillo and then made it clear that he would like to be taken back to his cage. I obliged even though I was sad to take him back downstairs. Tuchis is a brute and Kishka is generally right behind him although Kish doesn't seem to have a problem with Clancy....now the chicken...Kish likes to irritate the chicken!:)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Moby:rolleyes:

He's like a darn hawk, always keeping an eye on everyone and everyone keeps an eye on him so they don't get pounced. He's a pro at ariel attack/dive bombing. Luckily he's never been great at maneuvering in flight just straight shots so everyone can easily move out of his line of flight.

But I still gotta keep a very close eye on him. He's currently nest building again and he's hormonal.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Baby Boy Blue . He has a terrible habit of going after the tiels and is merciless..so we only let him out about three times a day for an hour at a time...Sam flees in terror from him even after all this time. Princess Mitch doesn't usually back down but Lord Maxwell Studmuffin gets very irritated and lunges at him etc..So we have to bounce up and down like yoyos when he is out and about..it can be exhausting

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Well, let's see here...we came in from outside last night and Tuchis would not leave poor Clancy alone (who cannot fly) no matter how many threats I made toward him, overt or otherwise...Clancy hit the floor three times, the chicken almost went after him but thought better of it...he got back up on a playstand only to be chased after by Amarillo and then made it clear that he would like to be taken back to his cage. I obliged even though I was sad to take him back downstairs. Tuchis is a brute and Kishka is generally right behind him although Kish doesn't seem to have a problem with Clancy....now the chicken...Kish likes to irritate the chicken!:)
Awwww. Poor Clancy

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Who are they?

Sachi treats Mabel with so much disdain and contempt. :eek: I've noticed it causes so much stress and panic in Mabel. She's not the same when Sachi is out and is constantly flying towards me for protection and comfort.

Not sure what I can do other than keep them in separate rooms.
Mabellina! Poor thing. I have to say that even though Birdie had to be moved into my room, separate from everybirdy else, she, and everyone else seem happier even after a week or so. I have gotten back on track with her target training too, and she seems to be able to focus better (me too) in the separate room.

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jazzy causes anxiety in Mojo, but not in an aggressive way. He gets very, very upset if he can't see her, makes him nuts. Same goes for Ivy ... he goes into full Quaker alarm call mode when Gumpie decides to go exploring. Ivy could follow along, he's fully flighted, but has really never left the safety of the Quaker play area. He's gets very nervous in new environments.

I have birds that don't like each other, but I wouldn't call it anxiety as nobody will back down, nobody gets freaked out/scared/nervous, nobody will fly to me for safety .. they would just duke it out if I wasn't present.

Hallie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sarah
When I had Oliver (I recently placed him in a home with a female) and a foster Sun Conure (who was not tame) Oliver would scream constantly at the baby Sun Conure. He would scare it to death and the baby started to scream. Oliver did the same thing to my GCC. He would act as though he was going to be nice and then his eyes would pinwheel and that big beak would come towards my little GCC. I feel much safer having flighted birds now that I know they won't lose toes by landing on Oliver's cage. Having more than one bird was much harder than I thought once they didn't get along and couldn't be out together.