• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Your Budgie Loves You

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
I know this is preaching to the choir around here...
But just a reminder for anyone who might need to hear it.

My new little guy Vermhat is so brave and curious. He is showing no fear. He is eating, drinking, playing, singing, willing to step up, kissing beaks with Cypress..
Clearly he was wonderfully socialized at some point.

But he is also stopping to flock call pretty frequently. He runs back and forth across the bottom of the cage, patter patter patter, searching side to side and calling out for someone who is not here.
Someone who outgrew him after less than a quarter of his life had passed, and left him behind :sad11:

Don't ever think that they aren't aware

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
This makes me sad for rehoming mango and apple pie my lovebirds but I know I made right choice for my situation and I get updates how they are doing and they seem a lot happier settled it just being them two than the four fighting and pico and indie are a lot happier and definitely calmer I think sometimes you have to do what’s best for bird and your budgie happier to be out and loved by you than maybe being stuck in a cage by someone who’s lost interest I know it doesn’t make it right to rehome a bird you chose but I know I didn’t get any of my birds wishing to rehome them sometimes they just might be a better off with someone else
Probably get hate for this but I know I would rather my birds be happy than fighting and bully feather plucking due to stress
I know someone will say I gave up easily etc but I know I tired my hardest to keep them n that’s all people can do is try their hardest

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
I do get that.
I considered whether Opie would be better off somewhere else.. she is such a *perfect* quiet, gentle Amazon and deserves to be with someone that she actually loves, instead of stuck with me who she hates..
But I KNOW she is safe and healthy and spoiled here, and I wouldn't want to risk that with a stranger.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
The hate you may change over time still. It took a mere 5 years for Lurch to mostly decide he was fond of me rather than I must be bitten any time I got close.

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Yup, we've got (hopefully) like 30 more more years with her. It's only been two!

And for the boy who outgrew Vermhat.. he clearly did a good job with him up until he lost interest. Can't fault him for that. I just wonder if he knew how much the little guy would care

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Budgies are the best!