• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Young Dove rescue...Little graphic

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

RJ Noodle

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Oh good to know! So not necessarily a death knell if a cat slobbers on them? I have a kitteh and I am always super cautious with them.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh good to know! So not necessarily a death knell if a cat slobbers on them? I have a kitteh and I am always super cautious with them.
It's always good to be cautious. However, it's only poisonous if they bit them. If a tad got on their feathers they wouldn't be at risk unless they ingested it. :)

meandmyfids

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
jay
awww glad she is with you
sending prayers

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Cat bites can be fatal if NOT treated. Bleeding and washing area with soap and water helps clear out the bacterial load and can help minimize the risk of infection.

Here is an article Microbiology of Animal Bite Wound Infections

The question about animals biting birds comes up fairly often. The article I posted is long. Bottom line is nasty stuff grows in cats mouth and includes stuff from other sources such as roaches, mice etc. Cats pin their pray with front claws and that substance can be in a wound causing an infection which could be Cat Scratch Fever.

So there is validity in us recommending see a vet as treatment may be needed. Puncture wounds which teeth cause are susceptible to infection as the opening is small, contaminants get in the wound but the opening seals closed keeping the bacteria in to fester. Clean the wound well and bleeding is not always a bad thing as the blood flushes out some of the contaminants.

Didn't mean this to be long and technical but to help one understand when we suggest a vet visit we are not crying wolfe.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Squirming is good, squirming is very good!! :)

Callista15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Callista(Cally)
Poor thing! I love cats, but I don't trust them, so I'll probably never get another. I hope the little dove survives! :hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Shes better, her cuts are healing nicely, and she wiggled right out of my hands at med time, landing on the carpet in my studio. Shes out there for everyones safety, I gave her a palo verde stick to perch on, and she jumped right up on it. =)

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Hooray!! What are your plans for her once she's healed?

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Her wound is looking fabulous!
My doc recommended silver sulfadizine cream for Ebenhard's head wound. He said it was extremely helpful! I recommend you try it on her wound!

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
That must be so itchy! Have you offered her a bath? I'm glad she's doing well. :)