• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

You have two working wings now Bluey

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
I had my sweet Bluey put to sleep yesterday...a few months ago he was diagnosed with cancer...and lots of it, the vet couldn't believe he was still alive and bright when I brought him in, he had a week at the vets and I brought him home and he was doing really well. Then the other day I noticed he had runny poos, but was okay in himself but he went downhill quickly so I made the decision so he wouldn't be in pain. I'm pretty devestated, I have so many fond memories of him :( and Archie is still looking for him.

For those who don't know, I rescued Bluey from a lady who was going to "set him free" (along with Chickie R.I.P), they were both kept in seperate tiny cages with 2 perches with, hardly any food and no clean water. They were like that for 5 years. Bluey had a deformed wing so couldn't fly and was convinced he was still a baby budgie...I'll never forget his face when I put in fresh food and water for him that first day I saved him. He loved Archie dearly and always looked abit jealous of the other birds when they flew, so he always sat at the opening of the cage when the others were out and he was always looking so proud of how brave he was for sitting half out of the cage... You can fly now boy, fly high.
100_7523.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry for your loss.

Matt

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
So wonderful of you to give Bluey happy healthy home for his last years. I know the pain of putting a parrot down due to cancer on 12/20 as I did so last year. I wish you peace as you mourn Bluey. He flies free. He flies free. And he watches over you. :hug8:

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
So sorry about Bluey :sadhug:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so very sorry for your loss of Bluey..thank you for rescuing him and letting him know he was loved and cherished....bless you for that....fly free and high with the angels Bluey, free and high.

zuzanqa

Real Name
Zuz
:sad5: Oh Helen I am so so very sorry for your loss... You did the right thing. It´s so awful when they suffer. He had a happy life with you and he will always be in your heart. It´s so heartbreaking to say goodbye to these little souls...
:sadhug:Now I am going to have a little cry for your little Bluey... He was gorgeous.

I had my sweet Bluey put to sleep yesterday...a few months ago he was diagnosed with cancer...and lots of it, the vet couldn't believe he was still alive and bright when I brought him in, he had a week at the vets and I brought him home and he was doing really well. Then the other day I noticed he had runny poos, but was okay in himself but he went downhill quickly so I made the decision so he wouldn't be in pain. I'm pretty devestated, I have so many fond memories of him :( and Archie is still looking for him.

For those who don't know, I rescued Bluey from a lady who was going to "set him free" (along with Chickie R.I.P), they were both kept in seperate tiny cages with 2 perches with, hardly any food and no clean water. They were like that for 5 years. Bluey had a deformed wing so couldn't fly and was convinced he was still a baby budgie...I'll never forget his face when I put in fresh food and water for him that first day I saved him. He loved Archie dearly and always looked abit jealous of the other birds when they flew, so he always sat at the opening of the cage when the others were out and he was always looking so proud of how brave he was for sitting half out of the cage... You can fly now boy, fly high.
View attachment 129458

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am so sorry for your loss :hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
So very sad. Many hugs

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie
So sorry for you loss of Bluey. I'm sure he has very happy memories of being with you :hug8:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Bluey and so glad that he is no longer in pain. Fly high and free little guy.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
:hug8:I am so so sorry for your loss. Bluey was beautiful and so lucky to have been loved by you in his final years.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
RIP sweet Bluey.

You may have had a hard start in life, but you fell into just the right loving arms when you really needed them.

Your angel gave you what you needed to peacefully leave this earth. Love, hope, and wonderful care.

I'm so glad you had those before your time came up.

Fly high little one.

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:sad7:He reminds me of my Sweetie...he also passed...back in the 90's...there are in the
most loved aviary of all....heaven's playground...

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I'm so sorry for your loss.

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
What a sweet baby. So sorry for your loss and happy that Bluey is free of his disabilities now. :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm very sorry for your loss. I, too, had to put a dog to sleep the day after Christmas from cancer several years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.