• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

yesterday.......

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
.....my son, Jake, was helping a friend of his with his Eagle Scout protect and when they all got there they notices a small bunny hanging around......so a few hours later Jake calls me and said that he wants to "save" the bunny because no one had come around looking for it and where they were working was a bit remote and coyote are in the area once night falls. On top of that the little bunny stuck around letting the boys pet him and eating what green grass he could find but didn't have any water and it was ranging between 95 - 101 F .......so being the mom I am I got the small kennel and went to the store for rabbit food and carrots with the greens on them still and took them to Jake! Not even 5m after putting out a bowl of rabbit pellets, carrot with green and fresh water the bunny came out from under the shed where he was trying to stay cool and "chowed" on the food and quite only found the water and couldn't get enough of it! Poor little guy! I gently picked him up and put him in the crate.

Jake asked if we could keep "Jeffrey" but told him he had to ask Dad about it and I took Jeffrey to a friend who has a sustainable farm where we get our free range eggs and some veggies from. They also have bunnies, horses, goats, chickens, ducks turkeys, pigs and more. Most of the animals are hand friendly too!

Anyway, I took Jeffery over to the farm (after we checked with some of the church members to make sure he didn't belong to anyone there) and set him up in a larger crate with hay, food and water while he got settled in. Told them I would bring Jake back after the boys were all done working for the day to let him handle Jeffery as a test to see if he was allergic to him (Jake has allergies to cats) and sure enough he is highly allergic to Jeffery! Jake was so bummed but glad he rescued him and that Jefferey has a safe place to be were he can visit Jeffrey anytime!

This is the cutest little guy ever with the bluest eyes! Ill post a pic I got of him (though it's not the best) in a few

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Here's Jeffrey!! If you zoom in you can see his blue eyes!! Our friends said that Jake can keep Jeffrey there & visit anytime he wants so he can call Jeffrey his own! Jeffrey is only about 2lbs & a bit dehydrated from his adventures!

image.jpg

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
too cute, looks like a flop ear bunny.........

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OMG! So cute :faint::heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What a cutie.

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
So kind of your friends and great rescue work by your son :)

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
My thoughts while reading this were your son found a wild baby bunny. Then I saw your photo. No wild bunny that

I doubt that little bunny would have survived long without your rescue. So cute. :heart:

jeme3

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
My thoughts while reading this were your son found a wild baby bunny. Then I saw your photo. No wild bunny that

I doubt that little bunny would have survived long without your rescue. So cute. :heart:
Exactly my thoughts!