• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yesterday was 2 years since my Squeak (Cockatiel) passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I had gotten Squeak and Jasper (Cockatiels) from a pet store on May 29th 2008. (I already had 2 Cockatiels) I fell for Squeak straight away, as soon as I seen him.. he was sitting there staring right at me, just waiting to be taken away, I couldn’t walk away from him, especially him being an elderly Cockatiel, a pet store isn’t the place to pass away, so I took him, and ended up getting him a friend (Jasper), too, and for my mum.

Squeak wasn’t your tame Cockatiel, actually he wasn’t friendly at all, but I still loved him with every piece of my heart, and he was so special to me.

Here are 2 videos.

First video is of Squeak being a total goofball, this is something he done when I got him.

Videos :: P6230001.mp4 video by Chicksta06 - Photobucket

Second video you will hear he cries like a dog! (where all the birds are is right near the puppies) The cage in this second video was just a quarantine cage. Squeak is at the front by the way, Jasper behind him. PS ignore my mum and me talking.

He enjoyed being outside in the sun, getting mists, whistling away.

March 2009 Squeak started really showing signs of old age, he was really slow, he didn’t move around much, the whistling and hoping around was gradually stopping, he was eating and drinking good, but it took him time to get there. I had then transferred him into a smaller cage, being told he had not long left, and to just really watch him. We took it one day at a time, I didn’t think about it, but more so thought about all the time I need to spend with him now.

April 1st 2009 Squeak passed away peacefully on the bottom of his cage. I didn’t even have him a year, but I was so glad I got him and was able to give him a home where he could spend the time he was with us, somewhere warm, and where he would be treasured and loved.. which he most certainly was, we all got very attached to him and will never forget him or his funny and wacky moments.

I miss you terribly Squeak, I wish you were still here, it is so hard to believe it has been 2 years already. :sad1: You remain in our hearts forever where you will always have a special place. I love you.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8: Thank you for making his last year a warm and happy one. He was a beautiful guy!
How is Jasper?

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Aww...what a little sweetheart even though he wasn't tame. Thanks for taking him home. :hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry. You gave him a great end to his life.

Matt

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue