• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yellow Parrotlet foster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afleetalex

Walking the driveway
I have a new parrotlet foster! :dance5:He's settling in nicely and is a gorgeous yellow. He's been at the rescue for over a year looking for a new home. I'm hoping I can find him a nice permanent home but till then he's staying with me! I'll get some pictures up later.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Awe congrats!! I love parrotlets! Any pics?

Afleetalex

Walking the driveway

Quick pictures I took. He looks a bit more greenish here than he actually his. He was afraid of the flash.

kastelling

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
Awww, what a cutie!

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
He is sooo cute! What is name? Poor baby sitting in a rescue for a year! So don't you have room for just one more in your flock?

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Oh so cute!!!

Afleetalex

Walking the driveway
Thanks guys!

He is sooo cute! What is name? Poor baby sitting in a rescue for a year! So don't you have room for just one more in your flock?
I'm not sure on the name, Renee(the rescue's owner) didn't know. She was going to look it up in her files and see. If he doesn't have a name I'll probably call him Imhotep.
I'm going off to college in a couple years so fostering is the only thing my parents are allowing at this time. So that's why I can't be his permanent home.

EDIT: I went down to try and see if he would come out of his cage on his terms but he was going to sleep when I went down tonight. Poor little thing is tuckered out. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Last edited:

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Oh ok...perhaps they will fall in love with him and watch him while you are away at college. lol

Take your time with him....he is probably scared with all the change...just talk to him, sing to him and offer treats...millet works for my parrotlet. Let him come out of the cage on his own if he wants to, but don't force it.

I can't wait to hear about your progress with him!

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Awww, I wanna take him home! I love Parrotlets! Poor baby, no home for a year. He is adorable! I hope he finds a good home

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's adorable,congratz on being able foster him.

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
He's gorgeous!!

Afleetalex

Walking the driveway
Thanks guys! I let him fly again today, but this time around the bathroom. When I caught him in the towel to check his band the little booger chewed on me for awhile. I told him "no bite" and "gentle". He's got some pretty strong chompers on him! He was afraid of my hands and arms and wouldn't step up on them. He would just fly away. I really want to clip him so taming will be easier but I don't know how and I'm afraid I would mess up.

By the way here's his band numbers. RJZ 08 417 IL

Evelyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Evelyn
Gosh is he handsome, my next P'let, someday will be a yellow one.. I just love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.