• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega

Still .. I would have missed going to HS .. Homecomings, proms, sports, various clubs and activities .. I was a busy girl in HS .. I loved it!!
That kinda depends on how school is for a person. For me I hated it. The girls were catty, friends weren't who they said they were, I wasn't athletic...let's just say for me personally I could've skipped the whole thing and been happy ;) For the cool kids it's great. For the not so cool kids, it can be the worse years of your life :(

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award

That kinda depends on how school is for a person. For me I hated it. The girls were catty, friends weren't who they said they were, I wasn't athletic...let's just say for me personally I could've skipped the whole thing and been happy ;) For the cool kids it's great. For the not so cool kids, it can be the worse years of your life :(
I guess .. lol .. I wouldn't consider myself one of the "cool" kids back then, I was a bit of a jock, but active in a lot of clubs and school committees. I guess I was part of that middle crowd .. just average, not a geek, but definitely not part of that "elite/cool" kid club either. I think when you're involved in sports, there's a whole different "category". The "mean girls" would never dream of messing their nails/hair to play sports, but never really gave us a hard time, then again, I would have just kicked their designer clad a$$es if they had .. lol.

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
V I.....'m so proud of you girlie... Whats next for you?????

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega

I guess .. lol .. I wouldn't consider myself one of the "cool" kids back then, I was a bit of a jock, but active in a lot of clubs and school committees. I guess I was part of that middle crowd .. just average, not a geek, but definitely not part of that "elite/cool" kid club either. I think when you're involved in sports, there's a whole different "category". The "mean girls" would never dream of messing their nails/hair to play sports, but never really gave us a hard time, then again, I would have just kicked their designer clad a$$es if they had .. lol.
Well the jocks were cool in their own way too. It helps that no one would mess with them though :D

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)

Still .. I would have missed going to HS .. Homecomings, proms, sports, various clubs and activities .. I was a busy girl in HS .. I loved it!!
yeah, I don't usually like that kinda stuff, don't know why but I just never have.

LOL! yeah, I didn't like school because I never fit in, ever.

V I.....'m so proud of you girlie... Whats next for you?????
aw, thanks, I'm not sure, following God's direction/plan, not sure what it is though yet- :lol:

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name

yeah, I wasn't athletic either and could have skipped the whole middle school too honestly. I agree about the way girls are sometimes, that's how they were at my school too

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega

yeah, I wasn't athletic either and could have skipped the whole middle school too honestly. I agree about the way girls are sometimes, that's how they were at my school too
I agree. Actually middle school was worse than high school really. I can't tell you how many times I was humiliated in front of a group of people for any number of reasons. It didn't help that at 13 I still looked like I was 9. In high school I had people come up and ask me "little girl are you lost? You're in elementary school and this is high school." :lol: Thankfully by 10th grade I had matured and looked a bit older :D

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name

I agree. Actually middle school was worse than high school really. I can't tell you how many times I was humiliated in front of a group of people for any number of reasons. It didn't help that at 13 I still looked like I was 9. In high school I had people come up and ask me "little girl are you lost? You're in elementary school and this is high school." :lol: Thankfully by 10th grade I had matured and looked a bit older :D
I was kinda in the same boat, I still look like I'm 17 or 18 but I'm really 20. LOL! Glad you didn't get picked on for too long- :)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega

I was kinda in the same boat, I still look like I'm 17 or 18 but I'm really 20. LOL! Glad you didn't get picked on for too long- :)
Well if it's not for one thing it's for another. And I still look young. I got carded at an all adult bull roast a few years ago. I said to the guy, "I've got three children!" but he didn't believe me until I went out to the car and brought my id in! :rofl:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
congratulations

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name

Well if it's not for one thing it's for another. And I still look young. I got carded at an all adult bull roast a few years ago. I said to the guy, "I've got three children!" but he didn't believe me until I went out to the car and brought my id in! :rofl:
Hahaha! Thannks Cynthia and others!:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.