• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yay me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsunconure

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raymond :]
Yup! I wanna use the zooming while in video thingy. lol

mrstweet

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Swivel screen, manual audio gain control, wireless flash transmitter, 10x digital zoom feature for video etc.

I'm just curious why the swivel screen is important to you? Are you planning on doing a lot of video work with the camera?
Personally I've found if you're going to truly be doing video you should get a video camera. If you're in it for the photography, the t2i is an equally fine camera. Personally, I wouldn't pay the markup for a newer model and the upgrades for video, since I use my camera primarily for photography. Yes, I love the HD video feature, but I rarely use it. For one thing, I'm normally posting videos of my birds, who don't like my big camera (as far as catching cute antics, it's easier to use a discreet cell phone) and for another, it's easier to upload a smaller file.

If you use an off camera flash, it's so easy to grab a remote transmitter...again, not a feature worth upgrading the t3i over the t2i.

Raizer

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shiloh
Yup! I wanna use the zooming while in video thingy. lol
lol well fair enough then :D
The swivel screen is regarded by many as a bit of a gimmick for photography, but can be very useful for video.
Oh and congrats on the new camera!!

Personally I've found if you're going to truly be doing video you should get a video camera. If you're in it for the photography, the t2i is an equally fine camera. Personally, I wouldn't pay the markup for a newer model and the upgrades for video, since I use my camera primarily for photography. Yes, I love the HD video feature, but I rarely use it. For one thing, I'm normally posting videos of my birds, who don't like my big camera (as far as catching cute antics, it's easier to use a discreet cell phone) and for another, it's easier to upload a smaller file.

If you use an off camera flash, it's so easy to grab a remote transmitter...again, not a feature worth upgrading the t3i over the t2i.
I'm not talking about upgrading from a T2i to a T3i since you would lose a couple of hundred $$ at least selling the T2i, but as an initial purchase the T3i is worth the extra money to a lot of people (but then again so is the 60D lol)
You might not use it much, but DSLR video is taking off in a big way, episodes of several big TV shows have even been made on then (House for example) and there are several indy films being made with them at the moment too (But in saying that you would want a 5DII at least if you were seriously into it).
The T3i from what I can see is only around $100 more than the T2i so its not a huge premium, and show me where you can get a good quality E-TTL capable remote trigger for $100?
The high res digital video zoom & volume gain controls make the T3i a better choice for video as well -both features are lifted straight from the 60D and the 7D hasn't even got the volume control!.

falsk

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura

Personally I've found if you're going to truly be doing video you should get a video camera.
:O Hu-whaaat? I've worked on a few films that we shot on the Mark II. The T2i certainly isn't QUITE as nice as Canon's larger models, but I can't imagine going back to pro-sumer DV tape camcorders. Of course it's been a while so I don't know what they record to anymore--BUT--Love, love my T2i and having that dual-capability. Granted, for the sake of this conversation and the type of stuff being shot, I can't really see the need to opt for the T3i when the T2i is probably discounted and you could use the money saved for a better lens... also, for what it's worth, Ray, bandhphoto.com usually has the best deals and free shipping...

Status
Not open for further replies.