• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yay for my dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I had to share that I am SO excited that two of my dogs, Sonic, my almost 2 year old Pomeranian and Winnie, my 10 year old Dachshund just passed the evaluations for the Paws to Read program and were accepted. So, starting next month they will go to the library while kids read to them. Also, two of my student dogs passed which also made me proud. Last month Winnie had bladder stone surgery and had 29 stones removed. She has recovered so well. Yay Sonic and Winnie!

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Thats awsome! They will love that, and even better so will the children!
Quite an acommplishment as I know you have to be a pretty stable, calm and patient pooch to pass those tests! Congrats! They will love the gratfication of "working" as most dogs do!

wezl

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Carla Rae
Awesome job! Everyone involved get so much out of these programs and it's amazing for encouraging kids to enjoy reading. Kudos!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay Sonic and Winnie. What a wonderful program. I wonder if they have that here in MD?

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
awesome job thanks for sharing

wezl

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Carla Rae
btw LOVE the name Sonic! We have every Sonic the Hedgehog game, inc old Sega! LOL!

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
:laughing12::thewave::cheer:Congrats Vicki! It takes a special person to commit to sharing time with such a valuable program. Thanks!

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
YAHOO:dance5:LOVE that program..my Shelties Douglas and Edward are TDI dogs do reading programs and every yr they do camp Braveheart(pet therapy for a camp for kids dealing with death of loved ones they do over nights with the kids and are with them all day doing allthe programs with themm We do a big bird program for them to..also do the wk end camp for kids with terminal cancer...i love these programs Wish we were in the same area we could go together..CONGRATS sonic and winnie you are GREATLY needed

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
:Congratwav: I love doing things like that with my dogs. All mine are TDI. I think I will try for that one also:)

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Congratulations, that is so awesome! I would love it if my little pom could do something like that, but she loathes children...so I don't think that is her calling :hehe:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Thats awsome! They will love that, and even better so will the children!
Quite an acommplishment as I know you have to be a pretty stable, calm and patient pooch to pass those tests! Congrats! They will love the gratfication of "working" as most dogs do!
Awesome job! Everyone involved get so much out of these programs and it's amazing for encouraging kids to enjoy reading. Kudos!
Yay Sonic and Winnie. What a wonderful program. I wonder if they have that here in MD?
Thanks everyone! Greycloud, you could look into it. There are similar programs all over the country.

awesome job thanks for sharing
Thank you.

btw LOVE the name Sonic! We have every Sonic the Hedgehog game, inc old Sega! LOL!
His registered name is Gemini's High Speed Hedgehog;)

:laughing12::thewave::cheer:Congrats Vicki! It takes a special person to commit to sharing time with such a valuable program. Thanks!
Thank you!

YAHOO:dance5:LOVE that program..my Shelties Douglas and Edward are TDI dogs do reading programs and every yr they do camp Braveheart(pet therapy for a camp for kids dealing with death of loved ones they do over nights with the kids and are with them all day doing allthe programs with themm We do a big bird program for them to..also do the wk end camp for kids with terminal cancer...i love these programs Wish we were in the same area we could go together..CONGRATS sonic and winnie you are GREATLY needed
:Congratwav: I love doing things like that with my dogs. All mine are TDI. I think I will try for that one also:)
Winnie was a Delta Society dog and used to do an assisted living facilities, but it was challenging with her because at 25 pounds she was too short for the people to reach over and pet but too heavy to lift over and over. I think this will be good for her.

Congratulations, that is so awesome! I would love it if my little pom could do something like that, but she loathes children...so I don't think that is her calling :hehe:
You are smart not to put her into a situation that isn't right for her. I did some of the testing last night (for other dogs of course) and didn't pass one dog because she was clearly anxious and I couldn't even finish the test.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Congrats to all of you!

southernbirds

That is such a wonderful accomplishment for you and your dogs. Congratulations. Please post photos for us to see.

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
I didn't get to congratulate you yet. Congrats! What a great accomplishment :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:dance4:awesome accomplishment!

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
:dance4: That is so wonderful!!!! The kids will love it! And I'm sure Sonic and Winnie will enjoy it as well. :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That is fantastic! Hope they help a lot of kids learn to love to read.

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Congrats! That is great. Yay Winnie and Sonic.

BamaBirdMom

Real Name
Janet
Congratulations..and bless you for doing something which benefits kids and brings them together with dogs. What a wonderful program!

Status
Not open for further replies.