• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yay for Kumo!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Today, he finally ate a little from my hand! :starshower1:
I was so shocked, but I'm so happy he's learning to trust me more.

I've been offering millet spray every day right before dinner, for about 7 weeks. He slowly started approaching it the past two weeks, and today; decided to be a brave little one!

After he took a few bites, I moved away and put the millet a bit farther back on my palm near my thumb, and after a moment he went for it. :joyful:
I think next week I'll offer some seed in my palm, but will continue with the millet this week.

I'm just so happy progress is being made, and that he seems less fearful overall. While I was putting the millet away, he even waltzed right up to his pellet bowl and ate some while I was right by his cage.

So proud of my little man! :xflove:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Be proud of yourself too! :) :yah:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
@Eloy He has surely taught me tons about patience. :lol:
Yuka took a few months herself to stop the biting, but working with a fearful bird rather then a testy one is so different.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:yah:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It's so encouraging when progress is made, isn't it! Yay, way to go!!:dance4::dance4::dance4:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
@Tiel Feathers
It really is! It's so nice to know that you're making the animal more comfortable.

While I was holding my palm near him, I couldn't help but admire the amount of emotion and thought process I saw on his little face.
He kept looking from my hand, to my face and cocking his head to the side like he was confused(which was adorable!:heart:) as to why the scary dangerous hand was offering such a yummy treat. :hehe:
And the contentment and a bit of trust that showed after he took a few bites gave me such joy. :)

It'll always baffle me how people can say and think birds aren't smart or don't have emotions. :huh:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He sounds like such a sweetie!:heart: Just think how much he will grow to trust you in the next few months! The intelligence and emotional complexity of birds is so amazing, and the respect and trust between birds and their humans makes the human bird bond one of the best relationships in the world IMO. I wish people who don't have birds could I understand how awesome they truly are. I know my birdless friends think I'm nuts.:wacky:

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Tiel Feathers
It'll always baffle me how people can say and think birds aren't smart or don't have emotions. :huh:
Just shows how ignorant they are and reflects more on their lack of intellect than anything else. ;) Anyone with two wits to rub together would have seen during their time on this planet that creatures are very clever and do have feelings. Rah! :D

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
He sounds like such a sweetie!:heart: Just think how much he will grow to trust you in the next few months! The intelligence and emotional complexity of birds is so amazing, and the respect and trust between birds and their humans makes the human bird bond one of the best relationships in the world IMO. I wish people who don't have birds could I understand how awesome they truly are. I know my birdless friends think I'm nuts.:wacky:
My family and friends see me as a "bird-nut" too. :hilarious:
I really am looking forward to building trust and a relationship with him, since I can already tell he's a sweet boy. :xflove:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Just shows how ignorant they are and reflects more on their lack of intellect than anything else. ;) Anyone with two wits to rub together would have seen during their time on this planet that creatures are very clever and do have feelings. Rah! :D
I agree 100%. I can't count how many times people have been baffled by me having bonds with parrots, and the fact that they are smart animals.
It really does go down to intelligence.
I wish they could realize what amazing and smart creatures birds are, but more birdie love for us I guess. :hehe: