• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Would used cat litter attract other cats?

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I thought I had one woodchuck under my deck. The other morning I saw a second one. Just now Kalea told me she was seeing one and this one looks to be a teenager. Good Golly Miss Molly!!!!!!

Yesterday I goy coyote urine but that does not seem to matter to them as this young one came out the hole that I had put two sticks with a cotton ball on top that had the urine on top of it. Yep, that is what the guy from the company said works good.

My daughter has 3 cats and I believe 2 are male. The internet says you can put the used litter out there to get rid of them but I don't want to attract any cats either (Kalea sounds the alarm when an occasional one comes around). Would the used litter start attracting other cats and for how long?

It is a good size deck and trying to block all the areas so it can't get out, yikes!

Human male urine is supposed to work but I don't have any of that around here. For an animal trapper to come out it would cost $260 and he said it is hard tricking them into the cage to begin with.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Renee, just whizz on your deck!

:rofl:

I do not believe used litter is going to attract a bunch of cats to your house and if a stray walks through to check it out he will mark his spot and move on. ;) ( More Whizz )

All is good.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Renee, just whizz on your deck!

:rofl:

I do not believe used litter is going to attract a bunch of cats to your house and if a stray walks through to check it out he will mark his spot and move on. ;) ( More Whizz )

All is good.

What I was reading, it should be males that pee on it.

Haven't tried the molasses yet. Wonder how large of bottles that comes in and the cost.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't you know any dudes that will pee in a bottle for you? Neighbors? Heck my husband would. You want me to ship it :rofl:

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Don't you know any dudes that will pee in a bottle for you? Neighbors? Heck my husband would. You want me to ship it :rofl:
I don't think any company would accept it for shipping as it would be considered a biohazard :rofl: but thanks for the offer.

alcmene

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I googled about it a little and found that supposedly you can harass them enough that they'll move. Fill in the entrances to their burrows with dirt. They'll dig them back out a few times, but eventually will get tired of doing that and move away. I also read that they HATE anything sticky so spreading syrup around the entrances of their burrows is supposed to make them leave.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I googled about it a little and found that supposedly you can harass them enough that they'll move. Fill in the entrances to their burrows with dirt. They'll dig them back out a few times, but eventually will get tired of doing that and move away. I also read that they HATE anything sticky so spreading syrup around the entrances of their burrows is supposed to make them leave.
I'm going to run to the store in the morning and see if I can't get the molasses along with getting some used cat litter.

Last edited:

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
You DO NOT WANT a male cat marking their scent/ peeing around your house! Yes used cat litter is just a calling card saying free toilet area for all cats! That smell is something that is hard to get rid of..this old couple that used to live in the country would throw their cat litter by a tree and every cat around would go and use it and spray everything around that that house. When the old man died and the woman had to be put in a nursing home the tree had to be cut down , burned, a hole dug and buried, the cats were so diseased they had no choice but to be trapped and put down. Here PEOPLE use human hair to keep animals out of gardens and things..you might try and visit a hair dresser and ask if you can have a baggie full of hair and try it. Put it in the hole.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I have no idea how to get rid of woodchucks but this thread is hilarious! :rofl:
I'm chuckling.....

Sorry, but who is the one who first thought to use those remedies to get rid of woodchucks?

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
Deer and other animals don't like humans, that's why you don't want to be down wind if your hunting and have a strong smell...you scare them away! Don't wash your hair get it cut put it around your garden..your corn will be safe

Bartleby

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I know you can buy human male urine from some internet sites.....helps certain segments of society pass job screening processes and appeases their probation officers too!

I still can't believe you couldn't find a drunk guy to pee in your bushes. Are you anywhere near an institution of higher learning? Shouldn't be hard on a Fri or Sat night to find a willing male with copious amounts of urine and dubious judgement. I know when I was in college I had to install motion activated flood lights to keep the freaking neighbors from peeing on my window.....every Friday night.

There's always Craigslist personal ads....you can find all sort of whacky peeps willing to share their liquid gold with you......just meet in a public place!

As a side note, I'm thinking you should have them eat asparagus before making their contribution.

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
I got 4 guys here and I know how to pack up urine for shipping it to you as I use to work at a drug testing facility for the military on an Air Force base.....still got connections and can ship I some to you........I'm sure I can find more guys to pee as well and then ship you a HUGE box of "guy" pee :laughin::laughing10::laughing4::laughing6::laughing7::loltears::pinklol::toofunny::omg: I think I might pee because of this thread!!! :ashamed2::embarassed: