• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Worried about Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciesana

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
Since I got Eddie back from the birdsitter's he has been acting a bit strange. He's very quiet, and doesn't seem to want to eat any of his favourite treats. His poops have been different, too, although they are starting to look more normal now. I am wondering if he has an upset digestive system because of travelling. I'm making an appointment with the vet now, but I just wanted to keep everyone updated. I am worried about my baby boy.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
awwww:hug8:
Hope it's just the change of routine and food. Keep us posted.:)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad you are calling the vet, please let us know how he is doing. Lots of positive thoughts and prayers that he is okay :hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Since I got Eddie back from the birdsitter's he has been acting a bit strange. He's very quiet, and doesn't seem to want to eat any of his favourite treats. His poops have been different, too, although they are starting to look more normal now. I am wondering if he has an upset digestive system because of travelling. I'm making an appointment with the vet now, but I just wanted to keep everyone updated. I am worried about my baby boy.
He was probably stressed. How long have you been home with him?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
please let us know what happens dear...lots of positive thoughts on the way

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Megan I hope it was just the stress of the environment change. Glad you are having him checked though. Let us know.

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Please keep him extra warm 85-87 degrees and hydrated while you are waiting to see the vet.

Hope all is well.

gary

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
*hugs* for Eddie :hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Prayers coming your way!!

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
Poor thing! Hope the vet has good news for you!

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
How's Eddie doing now? Hopefully he's acting more chipper and pooping normally as I type.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Aww I hope he is ok! I keep antiboitics her for my animals at all times for situations such as that. My kitten was sick and the vet was closed for the weekend. I gave him anti boitics but still took him to the vet and he asked what I had been doing. I told him about giving him the anti biotics and he didn't even give me any to take home cuz he said that i already did what he would have done :) lol

I hope all is well!!

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:hug8: Hope all is well with Eddie and it's just from the stress.

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
Thanks for asking. I can't get into the vet until next week :( Eddie is still quiet and his poops are still very runny. I've been giving him hand-feeding formula twice a day. Tonight he ate a couple almonds and some of his favourite toast. This is an improvement over the last few days. I'm still worried about him though. I'm keeping him warm and making sure he gets lots of sleep. Is there anything else I can do while I wait until Monday?

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
If you can find the herb slippery elm, get some and mix 1 tsp of powder to 4tsp of water and feed some to your bird. It works wonders with birds and other animals and it is very safe. I give it to our birds with a syringe when necessary.

gary

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did you explain to the vet how sick your baby is? I can't believe they are making you wait this long.

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
I found another avian vet in town and Eddie and I have an appointment booked for tomorrow at 1:30. Which means...I had to make a last minute car rental reservation and take the day off from work! I don't think my coworkers understand... But if they can do it for their human children, then there is no reason I can't do the same for my feathered child.

I'll keep you all posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.