• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

World Snake Day

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A pink snake? It's pretty. My dearly departed grandmother just loved snakes and enjoyed it when I told her about the snakes in our yard.

Hubby half-heartedly wants a snake. NONONONONONO, I said. Not with birds in the house. No discussion or negotiation shall happen.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, and Happy World Snake Day, too. :dance4: Thimble is a handsome one. What kind of snake is he or she?

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Happy Snake Day
:heart:

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Oh, and Happy World Snake Day, too. :dance4: Thimble is a handsome one. What kind of snake is he or she?
Admittedly, my boa could easily eat my birds but I'm smart enough not to let them in the same room together ;)

Thimble is an albino rat snake. His pattern fades to almost white the further you go down to his tail. He's one of the few male pets I have. I seem to be blessed with females whether I want them or not usually
:hehe:
Happy Snake Day :heart:
I love chondros, as well as emerald tree boas :heart:
Even as adults they're gorgeous.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm a country girl and last year there was a small harmless snake in the bank. While everybody were losing their minds, I picked up the snake, it crapped on me, and I took it outside to safety.

I have never been crapped on by a snake. Not too pleasant a scent, I must say.

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I'm a country girl and last year there was a small harmless snake in the bank. While everybody were losing their minds, I picked up the snake, it crapped on me, and I took it outside to safety.

It's called musk based on your description, and it definitely stinks. Fortunately that smell is more reserved when snakes feel threatened, and when it gets on your clothes you know it.
:lol:
I've always been more of a city girl, the country isn't bad until it takes you a longer than necessary time get to stores or anywhere.

Edit: as a child I would catch crawdads, salamanders, and all sorts of stuff. I didn't grow up around reptiles as pets or anything, I just always liked them. My love for catching and releasing salamanders was probably more tolerable than the mosquito catching and releasing phase I went through. Or the bee catching phase, I caught 'hades' over that one as I still remember getting in trouble for it. Ha-ha.

Last edited:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Been there, done that - when youngest son Justin was in high school we were visiting for parent-teacher meetings and I met the biology teacher who had snakes. Not being afraid I promptly asked (much to my hubby's horror) if I could hold one. After a couple of umms and ahhs, teacher agreed and handed me one of the snakes which promptly pooped on my hand. Thoroughly embarrassed teacher, etc. and I wasn't bothered - I'd prefer being pooped on than bitten. Plus my sense of smell is pretty bad due to allergies.:snake: Happy Snake Day to all those reptiles in the world!

Last edited:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Tadpoles and cocoons ... but to this day if I'm on a beach at the seashore I love watching the crabs and those small shellfish that blow bubbles in the sand along the waterline at the beach.

There's nothing funnier that an indignant crab digging out his crab hole and tossing sand onthe edge of your beach towel because you've upset his karma. When the kids were smaller I'd dug up some of the small shellfish so they could see what was blowing bubbles.

Last edited:

2torts1bird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ida
such cuties. I was going to get an eastern hognose but decided on a GCC instead :D