• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

working with PVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
Is there any way to get it back to that smooth finish after removing the writing from it?

Also I've heard of scoring it to make it into a perch, what's the best way to do this?

toos&macaws

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Is there any way to get it back to that smooth finish after removing the writing from it?

Also I've heard of scoring it to make it into a perch, what's the best way to do this?
Not sure there is a way to get it smooth like new, but you can take some plumbers sand cloth or emery cloth and sand it down. This way the bird won't slip on it and they can use it as a perch.

Try that.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I just cover mine with hemp rope so I don't have to worry about it ;)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Why do you want it smooth? They have a much harder time gripping it.

You can roughen it up with sandpaper. Scoring it means cutting grooves which I don't think is what you mean??

trout

Real Name
Bobby
I would want it smooth for use in toys.

I was looking at the kitchen sink toys on bird toys etc's website and they said they score them. I was just trying to figure out how.

trout

Real Name
Bobby
thanks, I'll try that. I wasn't sure if sanding would have been enough for them to perch on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.