• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Woodstock made it from New Mexico!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherM74

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Heather
And so did Anna! They made it to Des Moines this morning and I met Anna and all the sweet birds she brought with her. Everyone kept wanting to keep Woodstock along the way, but Anna told him he had a home and there would be tears if he didn't make it here. :hehe:

Anna is so neat! I'm so glad I got to meet you! I am forgetting the macaws name that I met, but I had a lovely conversation with her as I was going out the door - Bye bye! Bye bye! Bye bye! :D

And, I was wishing I had room for Abby. She was so sweet!!

Here's a quick pic I snapped of Woodstock in the cage. I'm going to let him chill out for a couple of days before I start letting him get to know me. Adjust to the different noises and people. Don't want him getting stressed out.

I'm off to buy a digital scale to keep an eye on his weight.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations...he is adorable..bless your heart..and wonderful that you got to meet Anna

HeatherM74

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Heather
Thanks! Just got the scale and weighed him. He's 52 grams. Anna said he should be about 60 g, so I am surrounding him with food. :) I am soaking some zupreen fruity pellets for him, along with what Anna was feeding him, plus what I feed Twinkle. Here's to putting on some weight!

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
What a cutie!
Welcome Home!:dancing::hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
;) Welcome home Woodstock!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome home little man!

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
What a cutie! And the name suits him. :heart:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a cutie!! :)

HeatherM74

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Heather
He has done so good! I went to weigh him this morning, opened up the cage and he stepped right up. No trembling this time. He's still 52 g.

He has his food that Anna gave me and the food I give the budgies, and I put some bird bread in a bowl on top of his cage and he sat there and ate some while I drank my first cup of coffee.

Now it's Twinkle's turn to be out. :) She waited not so patiently as I deviated from our routine so that I could make sure Woodstock hadn't lost any weight over night. Little squeaky marker that she is. :D

Note to self - Woodstock is definitely from a different time zone. :lol: I thought that meant he would sleep later. Nope, my birds usually get me up at 8:30. Woodstock was up asking to be uncovered at 6:30. I should have gone to bed before 1. :hehe:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
one handosme little guy..welcome home woodstock!!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
:hug8:

Status