• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Will it be possible

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
I'n not sure but I could of sworn Ive heard him say baby bird before....my mom thought one day she heard him say something to but maybe were just wishful thinking this video I took last night he was suppose to be sleeping but he was mumbling lol
In the beginning you can hear (thank you) but ignore that....it was my quaker showing off lol

EnglishBudgMom

Walking the driveway
That sounds like a great book @vanyasmom - I guess the Grey learns not only the words, but the meaning as well, which I didn't know was possible until reading about our beloved Milton here! (And some of the other larger birds here.)

A few years ago, I ran into this song on Youtube, which was portrayed as "Mongolian rap". I couldn't, in my wildest imagination figure out what rap would sound like in Mongolian, so I had to play it. I was hooked! Addicted to this song. So when Fergus came in June 2017, he heard it - A LOT! A friend even made me MP3's I guess it is called, to store on my computer. (I was trying to sing the song and learn the words HA!) In one part of this song, it pauses, then says HEY CHOO! (very emphatically). One day, out of the blue around August, Fergus nearly YELLS in his cage - CHEE CHOO CHEE CHOO CHEE CHOO - FOUR TIMES! It took me at least a month, to figure out he was imitating that song! To this day though, these are the only recognizable words he has said... SOMEONE (not sure if it's Fergus or Fiona) when I have covered them at night is saying something that sounds like 'NEET'... which I think is their way of saying "Nite nite"!

Here's the Mongolian song - if any of you dare to play it and get addicted like I did LOL! (Please tell me if you do, I haven't found anyone yet who loves it as much as me!) At one time I was using it as a form of anger management, (instead of bad words) ha ha, no one will suspect me to be swearing if it's Mongolian, right? :coffeescreen:
Ha! So I played this for Bubbles (he's on my shoulder) and all he did was begin contact calling... in my ear (ow). They are doing what is called "throat singing", it's a traditional Mongolian thing (shrug, random deet).

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
My JoJo says several things, but his cagemate Tommy doesn't. JoJo says "Tommy" but won't say his name.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I'm only keeping him in for the summer because I am allergic to the dander so if by end of summer he doesn't pick up any words he goes back with his flock
I am not understanding this. Even if he does learn some words, your allergy will still be there.

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
I am not understanding this. Even if he does learn some words, your allergy will still be there.
hes in my bathroom where the door stays closed i dont wheeze that bad unless im cleaning cages due to the dust floating around

Sylvester

Hit the Road
hes in my bathroom where the door stays closed i dont wheeze that bad unless im cleaning cages due to the dust floating around
No, I understand that part, BB, I have allergies as well. But your sentenced ended with "so if by end of summer he doesn't pick up any words he goes back with his flock"

It sounds like the decision to send him back to his flock will depend on his ability to talk, not your allergies.

I probably just read it wrong.

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
No, I understand that part, BB, I have allergies as well. But your sentenced ended with "so if by end of summer he doesn't pick up any words he goes back with his flock"

It sounds like the decision to send him back to his flock will depend on his ability to talk, not your allergies.

I probably just read it wrong.
I was gonna put him back out but kept him inside I actually have 3 inside my 19 year old quaker and my oldest budgie all are in there own cages so far my allergies havent been bad this year last year they were horrible and I only had one bidd inside last year