• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Will a p'let owner please do a good, bad, & ugly about their parrotlets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featherluv

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Stefanie
I'm thinking of bringing a new p'let baby home in a couple weeks & I would like to know more real life info than you find in common articles. TIA!! :)

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Bodie to the rescue! Bodie is a 14yr young male pacific parrotlet. He is a real sweetheart and can be a little bugger sometimes. Pacific's personalities are somewhat like the larger Amazon but in a smaller package. Most of the time I get in trouble from him is my own fault for not paying attention to his signals. He is the only bird in the house and loves it. When I got him at 3 months I of course was just learning about birds. They have big personalities for sure. I love sharing my life with him . He really makes me smile. They can bite hard but can not take your finger off. Please feel free to PM me with any other questions.:D

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I think too many people over exaggerate p'lets "amazon attitudes". My parrotlets were both handraise, male and female. My female is 4 and male is 1 in late May. They bonded immediately when I got the boy at 9weeks old and are inseperable. They squabble like every couple would but nowhere near as horrible as people portray.

pegwillen

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
D.
I have a female pacific, about 1 year old, rehomed to me last July. She shares a flight cage with my 3 year old male budgie, and SHE RULES the budgie as well as my passive pionus. They are all out of their cages all day. I adore her, she is fearless, dominating, fairly quiet, endlessly curious, and seems to love being with her human (or else I'm just the convenient tree). Based on my limited bird experience of 3 species, if I could only have one bird, it would be a parrotlet.

JudiNH

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
I have two little girl plets, that live in separate cages and never physically interact. They would do serious harm to each other if they were allowed access. BAD fighting. But, they are wonderful pets. Molly is very sweet, gentle, calm and loving. She loves to be scritched, and hangs out on my shoulder, and just enjoys being with me. She doesnt need a lot of action or activity to be happy. And, she ONLY likes me, and ONLY allows me to handle her. Everyone else gets a good strong pinch if they dare attempt. Pippa is just the opposite. She is never still unless she is sleeping! She loves attention and handling, but wont just sit and chill with me, she has to be DOING something all the time, or she will bite, and hard. She does get overly excited and bites often. She is super active, playful, bold, and curious ,and she is a total riot. Both birds are very cage territorial. They are both fantastic little birds, each in their own way.

Molly:

Pippa:

See what I mean? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.