• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wild dolphin

FLmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
This is one reason I love living where I live. I see these wild dolphins many times on my walks. It never gets old. One time I witnessed a pod of dolphins with a baby as the were showing it how to fish along the wall. Simply awesome to see such things in the wild right before my eyes. No trainer no whistle just dolphins doing what they do naturally. This one particular dolphin is usually seen solo and seems to enjoy the attention from the people watching. She/He swims right up to me as if to say Hi! The video was quite glary but you can see the dolphin swim up close and then swim away to play with its fish a bit before eating it.

And for the record it had just stormed here the day before so usually after a storm we get a lot of debris along the wall like that. I'm ashamed to be a human when I see things like this. That poor dolphin should not have to swim in that mess.

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It must be nice to see them in person.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Probably a male. Male dolphins tend to swim with other males or solo. Atleast that is what I've heard.

How close does he normally get?

FLmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
There are several sets of stairs that lead right down to the water level. The Dolphins will swim right up to the stairs chasing fish along the wall. It is such a awesome sight to me.

The pollution is heartbreaking to see. My kids and I are always talking about ways we could fix it.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Nice place to walk!