• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who takes their parrot out with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:omg: Time to buy a Pak-O-Bird!!!:rofl:

or maybe a Strollin we will go, a Strollin we will go!!:dance4:Hi Ho the Merry-O , a Strollin we will go!!:rofl:
big pakobird for two caiques....:D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
how do you transport in the car? I always think it's dicey to transfer from airline carrier to pakobird type thing in the car when we get to the park...:huh:

drop

Rollerblading along the road
I have taken them to parks, friend's houses, coffee shops (with terrace), corner stores. I never really though of taking them to hardware stores or places like that, I always figured that they'd kick me out.

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
Ziggy goes out daily, weather permitting. We live in the country, so there's lots to see and do.

He hasn't been in a store yet, but sometimes we just go for short car rides, since he enjoys them.

This year, he went to the fireworks on the Fourth. It's a small town, the fireworks are on the outskirts, and we parked about 3/4 of a mile away and sat in the ditch next to a soybean field. He enjoyed it.

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oooooh, reading this I can't WAIT to get the harness I've finally ordered - hoping Ceddy will accept it by the time it gets warmer :angel1:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You're in trouble, Saroj! They definitely will want to go for walkies now that s/he (sorry, just can't tell them apart :rolleyes:) has read this thread! :D

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison

Attachments

Last edited:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'd love to take one of my birds to the beach!

Leila's gone to a few places like the lake, park, shops, and I've taken her to a sort of bush walk, but it's where people take their dogs for walks and such.

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
I have taken various birds out for "walks" with me on their Aviator harness. Izzy, my U2, loves to go on walks with me. She stays perched on my shoulder or my arm, actually going back and forth between each. I notice her studying the sky a lot when we go out like this. Well, actually, all that I take out do this. She seems especially still and quiet when any other large bird is flying overhead, even if merely a vulture. No hawks, thank goodness!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I definitely could NEVER bring Sachi out on an Aviator Harness. She is extremely TERRIFED of airplanes and any large birds flying above.
She sees them from VERY far away.
She'd feel so exposed with no roof over her head.
Emma would probably be ok with an Aviator harness... but I'd *actually* have to get it on her first.:rofl:

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Peanut goes a lot of places with me. Recently I was successful in getting his flightsuit on him and I took him for a walk around my neighborhood. All he did was pick at the flightsuit so I don't think I will try that anymore. We'll just use a carrier and put that in a stroller.

We've gone to Walmart, pet supply stores (no pet sales), parks, hotels, camping :( and he came along to register my daughter for college.

jerseybella

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
dawn
From the look of the pics of nani in her stroller...I think nani lives down the street from me:rofl:

BamaBirdMom

Real Name
Janet
Lola, Leo and Remy take turns going to work with me. Lola and Leo get really excited about it. Remy loves to be a stinker and make terrible noises in the grooming room, but he pouts if left at home for too long (how do I know? He makes those same noises at home, too, LOL). Remy and Leo will wear aviator harnesses, but Miss Lola is content to ride in her carrier. She will say 'uh-oh' if I stop too suddenly and cause her to flap her wings.

carlottalyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carlie
So far we've taken Riley to the parades/festivals in our town (we live within a few blocks of the tiny "downtown" area, and this town loves to have parades for some reason! :p), I just hook the Pak-O-Bird over my older son's wheelchair handles as it seems more secure for Riley. His balance is still a bit shaky at times trying to perch onto that branch.

We haven't gone out in his Aviator yet as getting it on him is ok, but getting it off is a whole different story! :eek: I'm seriously thinking about trying that Kaylor collar harness with the wider head opening.

Letemfly123

Moving in
Real Name
Marie
I just took Kilo my Senegal, out to the pet store (one which does not sell animals) for the very first time! He was very amazed at all the sights, though it did not stop him from vocalizing his excitment! :) I dont ever have him on my shoulder at home because he will bite and not let go, but being out of the home and in a new enviroment he was to busy looking around to be aggressive. It was good to have him on my shoulder again!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Oh how I dreamed of being able to take Pru EVERYWHERE with me! I thought "oh she's a baby, I'll teach her to love the Harness and then I will bring her everywhere I go!"
YEAH RIGHT!!! She would NOT let me get that darn thing on her, even though I tried sooo hard following all the advice!!! Hubby would not go for a Pak-O-Bird due to price (cheap sonofa....) so Pru only goes outside when we can get her in the travel cage we have. :(
(Though Im going to start trying the harness on Chiquitta, she is soooo much more willing to let me touch her)

Figures that Prudence is finally tame enough for me to touch under her wings when the weather turns cold.....she couldl never go outside now.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
besides grocery shopping cause Mango loves to taste be for buying..lol
shopping malls wendys home hardware and last yr i took him to the exibition we left hom at 10 am got home at 11 pm had a full day i took food water for him he sat and had corn on the cob went to everyone that wanted to hold him and sat nicely while i played bingo like a fool i went through the midway not thinking and stopped to chat in front of the rifelrange didnt see it,,lol but Mango took all the noise in stride didnt flinch
he loves bus rides and people
but this yr he refused to wear the harness so had to stay home i am disapointed that he only got out once but ill keep trying with the harness and by next spring hopfuly hell be out again
Cory the places i have mentioned have no problem with Mango
hill crest mall wendys up past me no frills all seem to welcome him
so you do have many places in our area to go i do not take him to pet shops im sure i had him in bulk barn to went to get nuts,,lol
just hope next yr is better for him to get out

CrashSmAshley

Real Name
Ashley
I used to take Nitro everywhere with me. I'm hoping to get Simon harness trained so he can go too!

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I do. I have taken Kei on walks, to the farmers market, to a lake, and to a pet food store that doesn't have any animals for sale. He likes to hang out outside. Now I'm thinking about getting a double pak o bird. Just trying to justify the $. LOL
Edit: just realized this is an old thread and I have already responded. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.