• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who takes their parrot out with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Last edited:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No more red light districts again, eh?

Last edited:

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
Our macaws go lots of places with us. Riley and Vicky are going to Sonic for dinner tonight.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
LOL OMG rub it in Saemma!!! I take those that enjoy it for walks everywhere that is close and also for car rides!

Cory

Real Name
Cory
I used to bring some of my birds to parrot club meetings all of the time before I fully understood the risks of having them more vulnerable to diseases. Since then I haven't brought them out much. I do need to bring them more. I want to buy a stroller for my Pack-O-Bird Carrier.;)

What kind of places do you bring your birds to everyone? :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ruby loves going on harnessed 'jaunts' when the weather is nice. :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Parks
Beach
Plant Nurseries
Pharmacy
Bank
Woods, etc
Summer activities (outside shopping set ups, etc)
Anytime I take her anyplace indoors she's in her flight suit as well as harness so there are no poop issues.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Sounds like Miss Ruby is spoiled. lol

Funny how we are not concerned with poop issues...ok, no big deal, just wipe it up! lol But other people really get freaked out about it!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Mango loves going out but hates the harness , he loves it when we go shopping loves people and bus rides are great ,
now going to wendys for spicy chicken is tops .
if i could walk id buy a stroler and we would be out all day all summer
only problem with that is soculising he couldnt sit on peoples arms he will go to anyone when out side and loves it now im feeling better im going to fight him to go out as once the harness is on hes happy

Cory

Real Name
Cory

Parks
Beach
Plant Nurseries
Pharmacy
Bank
Woods, etc
Summer activities (outside shopping set ups, etc)
Anytime I take her anyplace indoors she's in her flight suit as well as harness so there are no poop issues.
And no one has any issues of having her inside the bank, pharmacy, etc? I always assumed I shouldn't bring any birds into any retail stores or anything like that. I totally would though if certain places are ok with it!

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
:hehe: I don't take Lily out for a few reasons. 1) She hates the outdoors. It nearly killed her once.:eek: (Not on my account, that's how we got Lily in the first place.) and

2.) She a bit too little to outside, I think. She's only a budgie, after all. :p

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I recently took Bokka to Walmart (we were there to get a plasma Tv) and Bokka was in his aviator and flight suit (to prevent poop getting anywhere and safety precautions) and they asked us to leave:rolleyes:

And then we went back in shortly after coming from the bank. I had Bokka.. He was in both aviator and flight suit, but I put a blanket over my shoulder, covering him up, and he was cooeing and ga-gaing like a new born baby and people asked how old my baby was and to hold him, etc :o: Well I realize his tail was popping out a few times:p and it wasnt after we bought a TV that they asked us (again) not to bring him into the store.

Whoops..:cool::lol:

So I only take my fids places that do not have food, like home depot, and the bank, parks, etc.:rolleyes::)

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
And no one has any issues of having her inside the bank, pharmacy, etc? I always assumed I shouldn't bring any birds into any retail stores or anything like that. I totally would though if certain places are ok with it!

I think it would be amusing to bring a large parrot to a shopping center. (Though I imagine it would be a little overwhelming for the bird. . .) I mean, I've seen people bring their toy dogs to these places, why not a bird. :lol:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No more red light districts again, eh?
:D No more of that..:hehe:

I've taken my parrots to the following

Parks
Optometrist office
Banks
Outdoor festivals
Farmer's markets
Jazz Festival
When I go out for lunch to eat and there's an *outdoor terrace*:p
Book Store
Magazine store.
Hardware store
Tupperware store
Fabric store
Sports store

I will add when I think of more places.:)

Last edited:

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
And then we went back in shortly after coming from the bank. I had Bokka.. He was in both aviator and flight suit, but I put a blanket over my shoulder, covering him up, and he was cooeing and ga-gaing like a new born baby and people asked how old my baby was and to hold him, etc :o: Well I realize his tail was popping out a few times:p and it wasnt after we bought a TV that they asked us (again) not to bring him into the store.

:rolleyes::)
:lol: That's awesome!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I find it depends on the attitude of the people in the particular establishment. I won't take her into places that have open food since it would be against health regulations but anywhere else is ok as long as they don't object and so far nobody has. She likes Home Depot. :)

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy
I used to bring some of my birds to parrot club meetings all of the time before I fully understood the risks of having them more vulnerable to diseases. Since then I haven't brought them out much. I do need to bring them more. I want to buy a stroller for my Pack-O-Bird Carrier.;)

We go to restaurants, beach, boat rides, craft fairs, bike fests, any kind of outdoor festivals. They love picnics.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Status
Not open for further replies.