• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who sells wood like MPBT Mini Waffles or grooved about the same size?

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Has anyone heard anything about a place called spunk y parrot? Are they okay? If they aren't can you tell me why?
I made an order with unapproved vendor last year, she was nice and the stuff I got was good, but... the shipping was super slow. Might have been because she was new or ?? idk, I did have to send an email to check on my order. But I would still give her another shot, shes got some good stuff.

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
[
I made an order with unapproved vendor last year, she was nice and the stuff I got was good, but... the shipping was super slow. Might have been because she was new or ?? idk, I did have to send an email to check on my order. But I would still give her another shot, shes got some good stuff.

Her daughter had a major surgery last year which put a huge damper on her ability to fulfill orders. :(

I've ordered from them about 5 times and it was only during that time period that I experienced a major delay.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Administrators: Is the unapproved vendor "thing" new or has that been around for awhile? I noticed yesterday when I tried to post a specific vendor the automatic editor changed it to unapproved so I just deleted the post.
See that again in KimKim's post.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Cabirdnerds has something similar!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Administrators: Is the unapproved vendor "thing" new or has that been around for awhile? I noticed yesterday when I tried to post a specific vendor the automatic editor changed it to unapproved so I just deleted the post.
See that again in KimKim's post.

It's not new. We have a few companies that are not allowed to be posted on AA. For one reason or another. We ask that you respect them. :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

It's not new. We have a few companies that are not allowed to be posted on AA. For one reason or another. We ask that you respect them. :)

Just never seen that before. Guess I never posted links to vendors who were unapproved until the other day. If that happens again I'll just delete the post or link.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I would be willing to make some of the wood styles that people are missing. If you let me know what you need. :)

I am currently building up a stock of wood styles. I use lots for toys but haven't got it all listed on my site.

If you PM me exactly what you want I'll see if I can help. It may take a couple weeks if you want colored wood. By the time it is cut, drilled, sanded and colored it can take a few weeks to get a new style or supply ready. There are actually several steps involved and I rarely do all six colors in one day.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann

hawkygal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Thank you all for the suggestions i am still looking around for answers. Regarding the unapproved thing, i think it would be alot of help if there was a thread indicating WHY some vendors are banned. So we can understand if it is just because they didn't pay to be accepted or something different like nefarious (however it is spelled) activities. What i am looking for is information, certainly not wanting to step on anybodys toes, but in all the MANY years i've been here i've never run into this roadblock before and its frustrating to be told you can't talk about that person/company and we won't say why, it just isn't as helpful as specifics. Not trying to start a fight just giving my honest feedback ;)

Thanks guys i'm off to look at avian antics and ca bird nerds for ideas.... if you think of anyone else to try let me know ;)

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
Thank you all for the suggestions i am still looking around for answers. Regarding the unapproved thing, i think it would be alot of help if there was a thread indicating WHY some vendors are banned. So we can understand if it is just because they didn't pay to be accepted or something different like nefarious (however it is spelled) activities. What i am looking for is information, certainly not wanting to step on anybodys toes, but in all the MANY years i've been here i've never run into this roadblock before and its frustrating to be told you can't talk about that person/company and we won't say why, it just isn't as helpful as specifics. Not trying to start a fight just giving my honest feedback ;)

Thanks guys i'm off to look at avian antics and ca bird nerds for ideas.... if you think of anyone else to try let me know ;)
I can tell you, as a vendor, you don't have to pay to be accepted and/or mentioned There are several vendors that don't pay and are mentioned on a regular basis.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I think it's because there is unauthorized use of some one else's designs. Copycat stores.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

Anyone is more than welcome to use the pm system if you feel it's a huge roadblock.
Some of the stores have been on the unapproved list from before my time on staff and I don't feel the need to ask questions. It is what it is, for whatever reason it is.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would be willing to make some of the wood styles that people are missing. If you let me know what you need. :)

I am currently building up a stock of wood styles. I use lots for toys but haven't got it all listed on my site.

If you PM me exactly what you want I'll see if I can help. It may take a couple weeks if you want colored wood. By the time it is cut, drilled, sanded and colored it can take a few weeks to get a new style or supply ready. There are actually several steps involved and I rarely do all six colors in one day.

I know for me I am scrambling to find the 1/8" pine and/or basswood that is cut with notches in it. These are the shapes JosieNBB had:

And these are what MPBT had:

Several places offer them for a while and then drop off from doing it.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie

I know for me I am scrambling to find the 1/8" pine and/or basswood that is cut with notches in it. These are the shapes JosieNBB had:

And these are what MPBT had:

Several places offer them for a while and then drop off from doing it.
I've never done 1/8" I'll ask hubby to give it a try next time he cuts wood.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've never done 1/8" I'll ask hubby to give it a try next time he cuts wood.

1/8" is where it's at for some of our birds who are lazy :lol: Bobber will chew 1/4" no problem but Jingo won't touch it, and Koopa preferred 1/8" too. I can find 1/8" slats pretty easily, but the notched pieces are becoming harder to find!

Let us know how it goes :D

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
1/8" is where it's at for some of our birds who are lazy :lol: Bobber will chew 1/4" no problem but Jingo won't touch it, and Koopa preferred 1/8" too. I can find 1/8" slats pretty easily, but the notched pieces are becoming harder to find!

Let us know how it goes :D
I just had to laugh at the lazy bird comment! I have a lot of these!