• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who reads to their parrots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParrotsforKeeps

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Meg
Ohh, mine LOVE singing, humming, dancing, Woo-hoo!ing, it is all good. As far as reading goes, I do actually. Not just whatever book I am reading, but jsut about anything; we read and discuss all, no topics are off the table! Remarkably, they do quite well with this; I think it is sweet how much they put up with from me! Must be the food.... :hehe:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'll have to try the reading.We do watch youtube videos and sing together.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
I don't read to mine, but I do talk to them alot.

I do dance for Jessie. He loves it when mommy is being goofy :D

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
i given it up seeing as they try to eat the book wile i read. most of there books have bite marks in them from where somone was really intreaded in the story :rolleyes::)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I talk all the time to her and nowI've incorporated reading homework to her. It actually makes studying alot more fun when reading to Emma. :p

jeanna

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I read in 4 languages to Jasper. Keeps up the reading skills for me, bed time stories for Jasper. Right now we're on Le Petit Prince.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I don't really read to them...dont' think they care much. I do sing to them and dance with and for them. And time management? lol Try it for twelve birds. :rofl: I barely remember the days of having three...I think then it was Apollo, Crown (our cockatiel) and Dozer...so nice!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't really read to them...dont' think they care much. I do sing to them and dance with and for them. And time management? lol Try it for twelve birds. :rofl: I barely remember the days of having three...I think then it was Apollo, Crown (our cockatiel) and Dozer...so nice!
i'll remember to think of you, Sarojie, Merlie, Danita, Holiday, Mercedez and Co. ..IF I should ever get the insane and obnoxious urge to add to my flock.:o:.:rofl:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
LOL Please do!!! But any other bird that joins your flock (if....) would be in heaven!

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
My son reads to them. Our personal pets and the ones that come in for rescue.

He reads to each new one that comes in to calm them and make them happy...<His words<:heart:

btw he is 7

that is too cute :hug8::heart:

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
I read to Pepe mostly, because he comes down and listens politely, and I usually stop and say "are you listening?" and he goes "peep!" back.

Pepe likes kiddy stories, we've gotten through Alice's adventures in wonderland, and we're half way through Winnie the Pooh :p

We tried Pride and Prejudice but it didn't go down well:lol:

The budgies just fall asleep

Status
Not open for further replies.