• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who do I thank? Olive got a Wingdow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Maybe somebirdy has a crush on Olive and is hoping to soft-soap by sending her a present? :D "Love is in the aaaair ..." to the tune of the Love Boat :hehe:

Or, after rereading your first post it was a fairy godbirdy?

Last edited:

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
How awesome is that?!:dance4: Can't wait to see Olive on it! :woot2:
My linnies never had any interest in hanging out on or especially close to a window. :shrug:
But, if I ever get a bird that shows an interest, I def will be getting a Wingdow!
Pics soon I hope! I started introducing Olive to the window so she could get used to the outdoors without a panic attack ensuing. Seems it would be much less scary looking down on the world from the safety of your room. :) Now she loves the window, but it still kind of scares her. It's like a curious but cautious fascination. Hopefully with enough time on her Wingdow, she will be confident enough to go outside. :dance5:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That is so cool!

Jacob

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Herdis
this is so awesome! What a lovely gift for Olive :heart:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Whenever I get down about how the world around me works, coming to AA can always remind me that there are awesome people out there still. I love this place!

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
that is so kind of them! I know she will love it once she gets used to it:)

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
Here's a picture for those that requested one. :) She got on it from my arm on her own! She still hates the camera so I made it brief, but right after this she went and chowed down on the treats. :dance5:

olivewingdow.jpg

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Good girl, Olive! How brave! Awesome gift! Any ideas? I tried to narrow it down by looking back at your "flying machine" thread but there really weren't that many replies and a wingdow wasn't even mentioned! :confused:

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
Good girl, Olive! How brave! Awesome gift! Any ideas? I tried to narrow it down by looking back at your "flying machine" thread but there really weren't that many replies and a wingdow wasn't even mentioned! :confused:
I have one guess... But no clue if I'm right. All I know is I'm really grateful. A wingdow like this is definitely outside my budget right now and it is a great solution.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
That is totally wonderful that she is already on it. Great shot!

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
What a wonderful gift. Olive is so precious.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: How fabulous!!!! :dance4:

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
How nice! She looks awesome on it!:)

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
Olive looks great on it! I know Aleta carries it as well, but you can go to Home Depot and buy a stainless steel eyelet with wingnut (I think it's a 2-pack?) and use a couple of washers you may have from extra perches so you can hang a toy from that top middle hole. That's what I did with my two. Then they get to sit and observe the outside and play with a toy. :) Or in Mika's case, observe the outside and shove a toy... and in Raptor's case, observe the outside and climb the toy to stand on the top edge of the Wingdow where he quickly realizes there is barely any space to "perch". :rolleyes:

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
Olive looks great on it! I know Aleta carries it as well, but you can go to Home Depot and buy a stainless steel eyelet with wingnut (I think it's a 2-pack?) and use a couple of washers you may have from extra perches so you can hang a toy from that top middle hole. That's what I did with my two. Then they get to sit and observe the outside and play with a toy. :) Or in Mika's case, observe the outside and shove a toy... and in Raptor's case, observe the outside and climb the toy to stand on the top edge of the Wingdow where he quickly realizes there is barely any space to "perch". :rolleyes:
I thought that was probably what the extra hole was for! I will have to see if I can rig a toy up there. The feet aren't resting on anything right now so I'm hesitant to load it up too much, but some vine balls would be appreciated I bet. You should post some pics of Mika or Raptor on theirs. :)

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
I definitely wouldn't load it up with toys, but one nice sized toy will be totally fine. Both my Wingdows don't rest on anything, as I have them on large windows and I placed them at roughly eye level. The suction cups are extremely strong.

Every time I take pictures, they turn out really dark and awful because the sunlight comes in against the camera. I don't think I've ever gotten a single decent pic of them on a Wingdow... I can definitely try, though. Actually, let me see if I can try now... it's a little overcast outside, though I doubt it won't help much.

EDIT: Wow, yeah, even with it overcast, the photos are all completely washed out and awful. Will have to try at night with a flash instead maybe... I'm not very camera savvy. Hehe.

Last edited:

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
This is the "best" one... Mika on Raptor's Wingdow. I'll try again later tonight (if the boys aren't too sleepy) and if the pics come out decent, I'll post a picture thread for you, Ellen, so that I don't hijack this one. ;)

mikawingdow.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.