• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who are the breeders of red tailed Black cockatoos in the U.S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I'm curious to find some red tailed black too breeders in the U.S

I knew a small breeder a few years ago in TN but can't find his contact info. But I'm curious who else breeds red tailed blacks?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I know of someone in FL, but don't have the info. Might could get it though.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
You usually have to go through a broker to get a bird of this value. Terri Timberlake comes to mind. I know a few breeders but I'm not sure they really want their information plastered on a public forum.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Same here Jen.

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
how much do they sell in the us btw?

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
woowzers

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Thankyou everyone. If you feel the info shouldn't be posted on a forum can you PM me?

My boyfriend cannot stop talking about the little boy red tail in FL.

I knew of a guy in TN but lost the contact info. That person also didn't have a website. If anyone has any good websites they'd recommend or breeders websites. Please pm me:)

I want to send my bf some info to read up on.

Last edited:

Lyzzi

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Lyzzi
I know someone via Facebook that has babies right now.

Mexy52

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Denise

Mexy52

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Denise
their main photo is of a red tailed black cockatoo. they have palm cockatoos and other rare birds.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Yeah there is no one posted at this time.:(
There are no available birds but if you search for breeders that breed them they come up. You would most likely need to call and get put on a waiting list I'm sure. I would just double check ANY breeders on that site to make sure they are reputable. I held a black palm last week.... AMAZING!!!

Macawnutz, just wanted to say i LOVE your siggie. Macawpower58 is awsome at what she does. i have to see if she is interested in updating mine since my babies look a little older now than in my siggie.
:D I love it too! Thank you! She loves to do them but it might take her extra time... She's a new grandma now :p She has a way with pictures, never seen a bad photo of her birds :rolleyes:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Oh I do not want to purchase a baby. I just want my boyfriend to be able to research and talk to breeders as he chooses. I just wanted to located some sources to begin his "education".:D

Thanks everyone:)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
That is what my friend told me yesterday, Lone palm..she knows the lady, who is a broker not a breeder. She said people sometimes will say "but I want to go through a breeder". She said most high end breeders {many are older} do not want to deal with the general public. I cannot say I blame them. It could be kind of dangerous. Figure if you had a few clutches, that's a lot of money in babies someone might want to steal or worse...

sodakat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
That is what my friend told me yesterday, Lone palm..she knows the lady, who is a broker not a breeder. She said people sometimes will say "but I want to go through a breeder". She said most high end breeders {many are older} do not want to deal with the general public. I cannot say I blame them. It could be kind of dangerous. Figure if you had a few clutches, that's a lot of money in babies someone might want to steal or worse...
So true. Plus, if they are hand feeding numerous babies and caring for a number of breeding pairs, plus their own pets, time to yak on the phone can be precious. Finally, many excellent breeders keep closed aviaries for disease control, so no one can see the babies or adults anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.