• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which species of parrot would you like to try living with..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Gosh, probably a Hyacinth Macaw, or a B&G Macaw, or maybe a Military Macaw, or a Green Wing Macaw....Hmmmmm, I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Not sure I'd ever want to give them back though.

I would also like to try living with a larger Too, because like Kim, I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Leslie, I would LOVE to borrow Nani :D

yvette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Yvette
I'd try a mini macaw
I think they are beautiful, but not too big.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
a CAG, maybe a caique, mini macaw, and a Red Bellied parrot, and maybe a larger macaw

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Hm I think id like to try a M2 because I love them, but would like to see if I could handle living with one. I currently work with 8 M2s and a total of 23 cockatoos twice a week for 6-8 hours at a time so I believe I could handle it if I had enough time, money, and space. :p

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
A B&G macaw. I have always wanted one but decided I couldnt live with that loud of macaw. My little guy is enough but I think it would be fun to try it for a couple of weeks.

falsk

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
This is a great question! I sometimes wish I could visit some of the members on the board to see what their birds are like IRL. Pictures and videos are great--but to get the real deal, y'know?

For me it would be a pi, a TAG, a Cape, and a brown-head. All birds I'm interested in but really have never interacted with.

GlassOnion

Hmm! A grey, a hahn's, a red front, a green wing, a caique, a cape, and a jardine's! :D

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
None. I cannot afford to have another bird. I always wanted a Galah, but now I am 60 so it is not fair to a bird for me to adopt one so long lived when I am older. Also, it would not be fair to have a bird for a week, get used to it and it to me and then have to return it. No. No temporary birds for me.

Onyxena

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Morgan
Did someone want to "borrow" my Greenwing???? She will definately make sure that the human in her charge has plenty to do! She likes to make sure I always have things to clean up, plus she get hormonal. AND she says a few naughty words, with spot-on timing of course. Anyone?????

I would like to live with a hawkhead! Don't really need another bird right now, but I am so fascinated with them lately. I would love to bird sit or something, just get more familiar with them. Maybe a Cape parrot as well, I love their comically large beaks! Both of these species are on my list of birds I would like to have, but I am pretty busy with all I have at this time. 3 big macaws plus all my little guys sure keeps me busy!

And of course the hyacinth, which I am savin both room and money for! I am very determined, so I will not get any other larger birds so I still have my place set aside for when I will hopefully be able to bring one home. It would be great to borrow one! Not so great giving it back though.....

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
I have attachment issues .. so I wouldn't want to just "borrow" ... I know myself, I'd get too attached and have a very hard/emotional time letting go.

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
I have three, the order goes

1. cockatoo - I would love to own a cockatoo. My dream but I have enough birds, my three keep me going.

2. Macaw

3. Mini Macaw

AngelGoffin

Sprinting down the street
It would be hard to have a bird for a mere two weeks and then have to give it up. But since this is just hypothetical, I'd try an M2 - I find them fun - at the bird store...for 10 minutes. LOL

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have attachment issues .. so I wouldn't want to just "borrow" ... I know myself, I'd get too attached and have a very hard/emotional time letting go.
Ah, Merlie, you know, I would too. :hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
But let's just say you could handle the letting go part. Is there a species that you'd like to get to know better?:)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well .. I guess I'd have say either a Grey or an Ekkie .. love both species.
:D Nice! Very different than your existing group of parrots.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.