• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which do you perfer?

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Northern parrots' website is easier to navigate. I have no experience from either of them, but I am ordering from scarlets soon.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Sadly I'm limited to northern parrots as scarletts doesn't ship to me.

I would love to buy at scarletts, their prices are lover and have some pretty cool unique stuff. The site is a mess though (SLOW)
Only on Saturday did I actually work out how to find the various pages :D

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
The reason I asked is that the one time I ordered from scarletts the metal hanging thing was rusty. The one time I ordered from northern parrot is was fine.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden

Will this toy be suitable for a ringneck.
The size is ideal for a Tiel, but a ringneck is much larger so it depends on your bird. It's a shame a lot of species are missed out in their listings, but if they included every species then listings would get very laborious to navigate.
I prefer NP's site over Scarlet's and I'm a devoted NP customer because of their much greater choice of foods and that they've nailed quality on everything I've bought. And as already mentioned, Scarlet's site is just messy.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

I think this one is more suitable
I don´t think this one. I got a toy recently very similar, and I´d say it is a great budgie toy. I might reinforce mine with some orings.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Personally I'm not a fan of plastic toys. I would get something made of shreddable materials that your bird can interact with more. These toys have a mix of cardboard and wood slices that are good for encouraging chewing.

You can also try offering birdie bagels as food toys. I also include them in the toys I make

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

Mantis64

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Yep I'm ordering a bunch like this but I though I should get him something like that as he likes to spin thing and make noise with them.
Maybe he would like a boing? Many of them have bells on the bottom, and lots of parrots like to jump on them and bounce on them.

Mantis64

Maybe he would like a boing? Many of them have bells on the bottom, and lots of parrots like to jump on them and bounce on them.
I'm just worried about him chewing on the rope. Are there any that are less likely to be chewed on or do no harm when chew I would love to get him one.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm just worried about him chewing on the rope. Are there any that are less likely to be chewed on or do no harm when chew I would love to get him one.
As long as you check it over everyday for loose threads it should be fine, you could also use it outside of the cage (hang from ceiling or playstand) so that you can always monitor him with it (and it will last longer)

If any threads come loose, you have to replace it.