• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's new in the life of Elvis

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I thought I would give a brief update on what's new with Elvis this past week. :)

1. He discovered if he screams into the corner of his cupboard, it makes a bit of an echo. So, screaming in his cupboard is his new favorite thing to do- which is so much fun for all of us. :rolleyes:

2. His new cage game is to unhook a clip from one side of his cage and rehook it on the other side of his cage. We like this game because it is a quiet game.

3. Whenever he does something "naughty" or sees something out of place, he must scream frantically for me to come and see whatever it is. It's good that he tells on himself. LOL.

4. He is obsessed with toothpaste and I must hide all tubes from him. Yes, he bit a hole though a toothpaste tube and apparently liked the taste (he only had a tiny bit). So one more thing for me to look out for.

5. His trick this morning was to grab the end of the roll of paper towels and take off flying- unraveling the paper towels the whole way across the kitchen. I actually thought this was funny. The fiancé did not.

6. He went through about 50 pieces of wood this weekend in addition to his toys. (I'm not exaggerating.)

7. If I sing "I kissed a bird and I liked it" to him, he comes and gives me a kiss when I say "kissed".

8. And he still doesn't really like his bird room. You can see how happy he looks to be in it in the picture.:rolleyes:

elvis march.jpg

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
He is hilarious. I like especially that he tells on himself.:rofl: On the other side it takes a lot of courage to admit to some wrond doing, so maybe we should look at it this way.
And I just imagined Elvis with this roll of paper towel. I mean, I understand that your fiance was not happy, but it must have been so funny to watch.:lol:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Oh my gosh, I was rolling at #5

Thank you. I needed that smile!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I too am rolling on the floor at picturing him flying across the room dragging the paper towels! (reminiscent of dragging toilet paper on one's shoe maybe?) Oh Elvis - you're a card you are. What a corker! :D

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Thank you for that wonderful update! Pilo loves to hear stories about his friends... alas I had to be careful not to emphasize the things Elvis comes up with in case he decides to try them for himself! :)

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
I thought I would give a brief update on what's new with Elvis this past week. :)

1. He discovered if he screams into the corner of his cupboard, it makes a bit of an echo. So, screaming in his cupboard is his new favorite thing to do- which is so much fun for all of us. :rolleyes:

2. His new cage game is to unhook a clip from one side of his cage and rehook it on the other side of his cage. We like this game because it is a quiet game.

3. Whenever he does something "naughty" or sees something out of place, he must scream frantically for me to come and see whatever it is. It's good that he tells on himself. LOL.

4. He is obsessed with toothpaste and I must hide all tubes from him. Yes, he bit a hole though a toothpaste tube and apparently liked the taste (he only had a tiny bit). So one more thing for me to look out for.

5. His trick this morning was to grab the end of the roll of paper towels and take off flying- unraveling the paper towels the whole way across the kitchen. I actually thought this was funny. The fiancé did not.

6. He went through about 50 pieces of wood this weekend in addition to his toys. (I'm not exaggerating.)

7. If I sing "I kissed a bird and I liked it" to him, he comes and gives me a kiss when I say "kissed".

8. And he still doesn't really like his bird room. You can see how happy he looks to be in it in the picture.:rolleyes:

View attachment 299257
OMG the paper towel I'm laughing at it but my mom wouldn't be amused either...

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I can just imagine the roll of paper towels.

SherLar

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sherri and Larry
It's nice to hear about the antics of other people's Goffins. Makes me happy to know that your floor is covered with wood splinters, also. No walking around barefoot in a house with a Goffins.
When I tell people how intelligent, and destructive Rio is, they look at me like I'm making it up, until they come to the house and see it for themselves.
Luckily, his cuteness and comedic actions more than make up for the orneriness and destruction (most of the time).

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It's nice to hear about the antics of other people's Goffins. Makes me happy to know that your floor is covered with wood splinters, also. No walking around barefoot in a house with a Goffins.
When I tell people how intelligent, and destructive Rio is, they look at me like I'm making it up, until they come to the house and see it for themselves.
Luckily, his cuteness and comedic actions more than make up for the orneriness and destruction (most of the time).
LOL. I completely agree. And yes, the wood splinters. Sigh. My dyson hand held vac just broke and I'm pulling my hair out. I need to get another one this week.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh that is too funny...all of it but I can see the paper towel thing in my head...:hug8: