• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What would you add.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Another lovie, for sure. Any species, but I'd really love an Abyssinian or another Black-Cheeked. Or a Fischers. Heck, give me two of each lovebird species and I'd be happy:D

I was talking to a breeder I know a couple weeks ago. She bought Leyla's parents from the lady I got Leyla from. Really nice lady, raises amazing birds. I *innocently* asked her if she knew anyone that bred Abyssinians because I was interested in getting one in the future, and she says, "Yeah. Me!". If I could get my parents to cave on another bird I would totally be getting a baby from her next clutch.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I am getting an Ekkie which is a bird I have always wanted.. but, if I could, I would get either a Timneh African Grey, or a Galah!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im getting a baby Turq Gcc if everything works out this Spring,but I still want a Meyers parrot and a Scarlet Macaw has been my dream bird since I was 5 years old.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I honestly don't have time for more birds. My all time dream bird has always been a Galah. But, as I said, I just don't have time for more birds.

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Realistically, either a Goffin or Military Macaw - Cape Parrot would be super awesome if we won the lottery :D.

Merlin got along with all three of these species when I used to bring him to work with me (I worked with birds eons ago), and Rosco wouldn't mess with these beaks...or would he? :D

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
My dream bird is an arcari or a toucanet. Maybe one day!

Willow

Sprinting down the street
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amy
It would probably be a Zon ir a Pi, but I am so fascinated with the Timnehs, and I adored the RB2 I used to pet sit for . . . and I have admired the Amboina King Parrot for quite some time. I don't think I'd get conures but I once met a pair of Golden Conures whe were so very endearing and delightful! Oh my! ;-) And then there is the Yellow Faced Parrot (the unAmazon) . . . oh boy, this is why I should stay off bird furums . . .

carlottalyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carlie
I don't even know anymore. :o: I really would love a 'too...an older one that needs a home, not a baby. Ekkies definitely hold a special place in my heart, and Hawkheads are just amazing little birds! I must admit to having met an Amazon that was much more precious than I'd ever previously thought they could be so who knows with them, and I would also love a black Lory someday. I need to figure out if I can deal with their poop though lol. I can't really see myself being as much of a Macaw person, but RFM and BTM are quite intriguing. I told hubby that there's a good chance I'll be turning into a crazy bird lady once the kids move out, years down the road (if not before). :bliss:

Vega

Real Name
Joni
An amazon!

Since I've been thinking about taking in another Patagonian conure I've also really been considering the fact that I'd love to have a 'zon one day. Actually, I decided years ago that if I added to my flock it would have to be an amazon.

At the moment I'm torn. I can't think of adding 2 parrots.
On one hand I'd really like to find a friend for Harvey. He needs a buddy to hang out with. He's tried with my ekkie, but she put him in his place and now he's terrified of her. And there's a female patty looking for a new home.
On the other hand the thought of babies scares me-I can't financially afford to raise them and have them vetted properly. And my heart is with the amazons.

My friend told me 2 more would be just fine though. LOL

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I would get a goffin or RB2!!

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
I am not sure if we have room or time for another fid ... but Chicky the G2 over at the Macaw and Cockatoo Rescue has really captured my heart.

She really needs a home having been there over a year now. If only she'd stop requiring a DNA sample from prospective adopters. I understand this is standard procedure for Goffin's, Goofy took a huge sample from me the day we brought her home. But others are not as familiar with this test. Once settled in Goofy rarely retests me.:lol:

Last edited:

Red Jasper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elizabeth
I am planning on adopting a male Eclectus in a couple of years.
After that, if I could only select one I would probably choose a white bellied caique but then I'd be putting myself into a situation because everyone knows caiques are happiest with other caiques (or birds of equal energy.)

It really is so hard to choose because of all the birds out there needing good homes. I suppose depending on the need of a bird is the one I would select.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I'm not looking to get any new birds in the near future.
But birds I'd like to eventually have would be acouple finches, a linnie, and a green cheek conure. Maybe another Poi too.:D But that's like my lifetime list. I really would like to get my flock down to just 3 right now.

Zoey

Walking the driveway
In our local classifieds a Red Lored Amazon ($900.00 no cage) and a Double Yellow Headed Amazon ($650.00 w large cage) is posted. I'm drooling over both of them but if I were to actually follow through with bringing in just one more bird it would be an African Grey (my dream bird).

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
With the addition of Penny Ive realized Im not sure I can handle more than two, LOL Prudence is easy cause she doesnt fly and she co-operates.
Penny is more difficult because she can fly, and she does - OFTEN, LOL And she gets into trouble, and challenges me often....and I cant interact with them at the same time so they get less time of out of cage.
Adding a third would mean cutting more time out, and having more trouble makers to deal with, LOL

BUT...if I were crazy enough to take more on, I would take on one Grey. I dream of owning a Grey some day.

Shadera

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Shadera
I really miss my male ekkie, and I suppose if one made itself available I wouldn't be able to say no. But the few times I've done a halfhearted search I end up asking myself if I really need any more animals.

It's a nice thought though.

Eliza

Jogging around the block
A grey-cheeked parakeet so Pickle could have a broto buddy. Or a lovebird because I miss my Beetle. A half-moon conure because they are my favorite parrot... or a pyrhurra conure because they are so full of personality. A Bourke's parakeet because they are so darling. An African grey because I've wanted one since childhood... Sigh. For now my flock of one is more than enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.