• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What to do with this? ideas ideas

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
My parents were out of town in Springfield Missouri and found this cool parrot store they went to yesterday. My mom kindly sent me pictures of stuff they had, toy walls, food etc and asked what I wanted. I'm not sure how to use this item. It seems to have holes through it and such. I've never seen something like it so I decided to get one. Sammy also got a new boing! Also I have a typo in the title if someone can edit that for me.

Attachments

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
It looks like a yucca log, like the ones that are sliced up for the kebob toys. The larger ones like that are usually sold for budgies to chew on and hollow out for a nest, that partial hole drilled through the harder outer layer would be the nest entrance.
But it would make a great chew toy for a larger bird, too.

Looked it up and it's a "Kozy Keet", I just had forgotten the name.

Last edited:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
It looks like a yucca log, like the ones that are sliced up for the kebob toys. The larger ones like that are usually sold for budgies to chew on and hollow out for a nest, that partial hole drilled through the harder outer layer would be the nest entrance.
I really didn’t know that! That is interesting:D

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name

Looked it up and it's a "Kozy Keet", I just had forgotten the name.

Cool! Thank you! I got it for my cockatiels to chew into. How do I hang it though. It has holes drilled in both ends.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
These are usually pretty soft If you don't like where the hole is you can use a screwdriver to make another hole or make a larger hole. You could use leather or polly rope to hang.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Your mom rocks!
Yeah she does!!

These are usually pretty soft If you don't like where the hole is you can use a screwdriver to make another hole or make a larger hole. You could use leather or polly rope to hang.
Okay, thanks so much! I've got both of those so I'll see what I come up with.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Yes, mine came with a string holding it up. Had it in Quack's cage but she never touched it other than chewing the string, dropping it. :rolleyes: They all chew up the regular sized bird kabobs made of the same yucca.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I'm surprised this one didn't come with a way to hang it up... usually, they drill a *tiny* hole through one end, then put the string through, and then tie the ends together.

The holes in the bottom/end mean nothing. The "hole" in the drilled out bit is just... well, a "hole" left by the drill bit.

Hopefully, this helps to visualize how you could hang it...

Bird Kabob Ole Natural Yucca Bird Toy - Bird Toys Kabobs at Arcata Pet Supplies

And this may help to understand the holes in the side... (note, my audio is off, so don't know what video audio is like, using for representation)

Shop IRWIN Marples 1-1/2-in Woodboring Forstner Drill Bit at Lowes.com